• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #301

16 posts in this topic

ASM #301 Links to High Res Scans are below each image. Your thoughts and comments are truly appreciated.

There are no colour breaking spine creases on this book - you are seeing scanner reflection on minor stress marks.

Note the defect on the back cover on the spine across from the line "People of Ten Towns" appears on a lot of these copies and is a printing defect.

ASM #301 Front Cover

CtanUPN.jpg

Link to High Res Scan ASM #301 Front Cover

ASM #301 Front Cover High Res

ASM #301 Back Cover

OrnAFpI.jpg

Link to High Res Scan ASM #301 Back Cover

ASM #301 Back Cover High Res

Couldn't make out if issue at top staple?

Otherwise looks like an easy 9.6, possibly 9.8 if nothing going on I can't see.

Thanks for the input. The top staple is firmly attached. The staple holes are enlarged and this was a common defect on some of these books. I know of three common bindery/printing defects on this particular book but to the best of my knowledge none of them effect the grade. Since there are no CGC examples above 9.8 for this book I would surmise that this might be what keeps this book from grading higher? (shrug)

god I wish my 301 looked this good. it has dirt/ink so the white isn't as nice.

9.6/9.8

Thanks Hector! You've had some pretty amazing books on here! Let's see some more soon! Can't sit around reading the paper all day!

reading.gif

After seeing your book, I went looking for looking for a nice copy. unfortunately they don't exist. the back is gorgeous as well.

great book. this book is probably really hard to find in nice grade

i'll find something good for you folks in the next few days. thanks!