• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon - Anaheim 2014 (4/18-4/20)

53 posts in this topic

Comic-Con International Presents WonderCon Anaheim

April 18-20, 2014 at the Anaheim Convention Center

WonderCon Anaheim returns in 2014 for another big weekend of comics and the popular arts at the beautiful Anaheim Convention Center on April 18, 19, and 20 (Easter weekend). With over 56,000 attendees in 2013 (and only our second year in Anaheim), WonderCon Anaheim continues to be one of the top comics and pop culture events in the country. 2014 marks the event’s 28th continuous year.

http://www.comic-con.org/wca

Ooh, Hilton Anaheim has AAA rates as low as $113. I may not wait for the Comic Con rate, I think it's either $109 or $119 anyway.

It is in the middle of Passover, so I'll have to make sure not to get matzah crumbles in my comics. :) Easter weekend means you shouldn't expect any local artists (Tim Bradstreet, Liefeld, or any SoCal writer/artist with a family really) to stick around on Sunday... Bradstreet was particularly upset, I remember, last time it fell on Easter weekend. I guess the Con folks get a great rate from the Anaheim Convention Center for that weekend.

Just an FYI for anyone still wanting 3 day or Saturday tickets to the show...I bought a 3 day pass last night for myself right from ComicCon's website and today I bought another 3 day badge for my wife!

I logged in last night to buy a Friday badge (since only Friday and Sunday were supposed to be available) and the option to buy a full 3 day came up so I bought it. The site quickly updated and I was not able to score one for my wife but I have been checking all day today and they just became available again. I've already been charged and sent the bar code print-outs for both so it looks like I'm good to go. I don't know what's going on but it seems like they are releasing small amounts of 3 day and Saturday badges at different times. This may continue for the next day or so as the cut off for refunds is April 4th.

Hi everybody, just thought I'd let you know that we'll be set up at this years Wondercon. Our company name is Cruzin' Thru Comics and we'll be near artist alley at booth 1565. We've got lots of books- Graded, key issues, trades/hardcovers, horror mags, 50 cent and 1.00 books.

Bunch of good stuff! Come by and let me know you saw this post and I'll give you a great deal!

Hope to see you there! Thanks, John

Does ANYONE have a Saturday badge to sell or lease? I've made airplane and hotel reservations only to find they are sold out!

This is an event that used to be held here in the Bay Area and I've never had to go through 'pre-sale badges' before...

This may be a n00b question having never submitted on-site to CGC but will I be able to include books I need pressed before CGC grading at the show?

I know CGC has some sort of partnership with a pressing company and I have a few that need to go that route before grading.