• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon - Anaheim 2014 (4/18-4/20)

53 posts in this topic

This may be a n00b question having never submitted on-site to CGC but will I be able to include books I need pressed before CGC grading at the show?

I know CGC has some sort of partnership with a pressing company and I have a few that need to go that route before grading.

^No sir...unless there is some new pressing partnership that I haven't heard of

CGC is taking submissions on-site, but not grading on-site. You can request to have your books pressed when you drop them off by their in-house pressing company CCS before they are graded:

http://www.ccspaper.com/

Unable to attend the wondercon (live in Calgary so going to Expo there - same weekend)

Anybody offering to pick-up /selling a copy of

"Locke & Key: Alpha & Omega HC Wondercon Exclusive" ? for me ?

Will be very greatful

Cheers,

Mathieu

Unable to attend the wondercon (live in Calgary so going to Expo there - same weekend)

Anybody offering to pick-up /selling a copy of

"Locke & Key: Alpha & Omega HC Wondercon Exclusive" ? for me ?

Will be very greatful

Cheers,

Mathieu

Request closed. I am happy. Thanks to mister Dan who will be there.

For those attending WonderCon. Enjoy and stay safe.

Mathieu

Anyone willing to help out a fellow collector?

I would really like to get hold of a copy of Locke & Key: Alpha & Omega HC Wondercon exclusive (preferably signed/inscribed by Gabriel Rodriguez).

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you can help out, thanks!

Marco

Amazing how high the books were at the show...plenty of comic dealers but prices too high in my opinion...Omega Man 3 for $80??? Shouldn't be that high just yet......$60 for a Fine copy of First Gambit?? $400 for Spiderman 300 NM Raw....dealers should price a little better to move books...I didn't see too many people buying.

Amazing how high the books were at the show......I didn't see too many people buying.

The dealers I saw and spoke with reported steady sales for a Friday.

Prices were indeed a tad high, but most that I spoke to were willing to negotiate/discount - I was rather happy with my purchases.

Amazing how high the books were at the show......I didn't see too many people buying.

Prices were indeed a tad high, but most that I spoke to were willing to negotiate/discount - I was rather happy with my purchases.

what'd ya get ? something cool I bet :popcorn:

I will be in Artist's Alley at Wonder Con, and thought I'd share my 'menu' for while I'm there!

10155103_510522692393189_700207833_n.jpg

I did not want to bother you while you working on someone's sketch op but watching you draw was amazing!

Amazing how high the books were at the show...plenty of comic dealers but prices too high in my opinion...Omega Man 3 for $80??? Shouldn't be that high just yet......$60 for a Fine copy of First Gambit?? $400 for Spiderman 300 NM Raw....dealers should price a little better to move books...I didn't see too many people buying.

Just ask, all dealers are willing to negotiate, got many good deals from today. I have the same reaction regarding high end books compared to last year. Many dealers traveled far! Who said there aren't no original art dealers, I see many!

I took this picture because of the lower left cover, sorry little fuzzy, I am scared!!!!!

2014-04-18165659_zps09cc4bd4.jpg

I agree prices were high and I feel lacking in the quality early Golden Age Action and Detective books that I was looking for. Guess I'll have better luck finding the books I want at auctions. EJR

what'd ya get ? something cool I bet :popcorn:

--A Feature Comics with white pages and an early Lou Fine Dollman story from Superworld. Ted was super easy to deal with, and gave me a hefty discount.

--A nice early Thor Journey into Mystery from A-1 Comics. Brian had the book strictly (under?) graded and priced very fairly, plus he gave me 10% off too. Great deal on a great book.

--A sweet .10C DC war comic (Our Army at War) from Brad at F/VF. The book looked beautiful but had a light moisture ripple on the back cover so he slashed the price. Very happy with it.

More today hopefully. :wishluck:

I agree prices were high and I feel lacking in the quality early Golden Age Action and Detective books that I was looking for. Guess I'll have better luck finding the books I want at auctions. EJR
I forgot to add that there are a lot more people going to this show than in the previous two years that its been in Anaheim. To my chagrin it reminds me now very much of San Diego Comic Con and how crowded that event has become! I hope this show stays in Anaheim and more comic dealers attend and doesn't become more and more like another version of Comic-con! EJR