• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine rebootededed

55 posts in this topic

People hate on DC new52 but at least their not rebooting series every two years like marvel is doing which to me is a bad idea.

So doing away with 75 years of history and putting out a load of krappy comics is a good thing?

Right.....

I said "remember when it took more than 10 minutes." In the distant past, it took more than 10 minutes to read a comic. Nowadays, nowhere near that. The meme implies just that.

:shrug:

-slym (loved Claremont X-Men from the '80s)

And now I'm officially done.

I recently dropped all the X-titles I was pulling (all of them) due to the disgraceful 50th anniversary attempt at an event, Battle of the Atom.

I am now dropping Wolverine, my favorite character, because this is just ridiculous. Just make every issue #1.

I'm not leaving new comics. New comics have left me. I'll continue to buy and read the old stuff, the good stuff, the "classics." But the new stuff is trash. I'm done. It's liberating.

He's the best he is at what he does...

...And what he does is REBOOT make Marvel/Disney mega-bucks with all the fanboy following!!! FIXED

I'm glad I can't afford to keep up on the new books drek. By the sounds of things, I'd have no idea where to re-enter in any series as continuity seems like it's non-existent with all the relaunches.

Marvel started wrecking Wolvie back in the 90's with him having to appear in nearly every title ( I believe they did the same with The Punisher and I believe Gambit too).

The thing I didn't get is that this "All-New Marvel NOW!" seems to implicitly require that series start over for the total change of branding from "Marvel NOW!" One article I read pointed out that Avengers wouldn't start over for "All-New Marvel NOW!" but that issue 24 would be considered the first issue of the "All-New Marvel NOW!" branding for that series.

There really needs to be a revolution in comics, and it seems it must come from the independents, or out of left field.

Wait, are you saying that first there was MARVEL NOW and then now it's ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW? I haven't read a new MARVEL/DC book in years, so I'm rather confused by what is going on now...

Can someone clue me in?

Thanks!

I am telling you....

Marvel Unlimited...

Okay... you are six months behind everyone else. But for less than $60 a year, which is 15 comics at this point you can read everything. It pays for itself.

I am converted.

The thing I didn't get is that this "All-New Marvel NOW!" seems to implicitly require that series start over for the total change of branding from "Marvel NOW!" One article I read pointed out that Avengers wouldn't start over for "All-New Marvel NOW!" but that issue 24 would be considered the first issue of the "All-New Marvel NOW!" branding for that series.

There really needs to be a revolution in comics, and it seems it must come from the independents, or out of left field.

Wait, are you saying that first there was MARVEL NOW and then now it's ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW? I haven't read a new MARVEL/DC book in years, so I'm rather confused by what is going on now...

Can someone clue me in?

Thanks!

That's what the article on CBR seemed to imply in the final paragraph.

What exactly are the best reads and time periods for Wolverine? I actually liked the beginning of Savage Wolverine and then the storyline died.

The Claremont/Miller original mini-series in 1982 was pretty good. The first 10 or so issues of the ongoing series from '88 were ok. I liked the Marvel Comics Presents Weapon X issues 72-84 by Barry Windsor-Smith from 1991. I read some of Wolverine Vol. 3 by Greg Rucka in 2003, maybe the first 20 issues or so, that I enjoyed. I read the Wolverine Origin Mini-series years after it came out, it didn't live up to the hype. I've never read Old Man Logan but I have heard that's good.

Other than that I have read an issue here and there but nothing ever really impressed.

Just saw on Marvels Facebook feed that they're rebooting Wolverine again. Apparently Marvel Now = Marvel Later'ish?

I stopped with the last reboot after 3 issues anyway, and there's pretty much zero chance I'll pick up the new title. It's sort of disappointing that these guys can't seem to just get back to their roots, tell a good story, and not up everything they put out.

Maybe 3rd (or 4th or 12th) time's a charm.

1450099_10151972305762488_490975781_n.jpg

Why does a man with adamantium bones and a healing factor need armor on the sides of his uniform?

What exactly are the best reads and time periods for Wolverine? I actually liked the beginning of Savage Wolverine and then the storyline died.

The Claremont/Miller original mini-series in 1982 was pretty good. The first 10 or so issues of the ongoing series from '88 were ok. I liked the Marvel Comics Presents Weapon X issues 72-84 by Barry Windsor-Smith from 1991. I read some of Wolverine Vol. 3 by Greg Rucka in 2003, maybe the first 20 issues or so, that I enjoyed. I read the Wolverine Origin Mini-series years after it came out, it didn't live up to the hype. I've never read Old Man Logan but I have heard that's good.

Other than that I have read an issue here and there but nothing ever really impressed.

The Silvestri run that followed up the original John Buscema run was pretty good too. I particularly liked issue #25. If you haven't read it, it is presented as somewhat of an origin story. Doesn't appear to fit anymore, but still a very good story.

Just saw on Marvels Facebook feed that they're rebooting Wolverine again. Apparently Marvel Now = Marvel Later'ish?

I stopped with the last reboot after 3 issues anyway, and there's pretty much zero chance I'll pick up the new title. It's sort of disappointing that these guys can't seem to just get back to their roots, tell a good story, and not up everything they put out.

Maybe 3rd (or 4th or 12th) time's a charm.

1450099_10151972305762488_490975781_n.jpg

good thing your not a Legion of Super-Heroes fan. Nobody has been rebooted more.

People hate on DC new52 but at least their not rebooting series every two years like marvel is doing which to me is a bad idea.

So doing away with 75 years of history and putting out a load of krappy comics is a good thing?

Right.....

This is probably the # 1 reason I haven't read superhero comics in about 20 years.

My weekly Marvel titles have been very light over the last few years. I would just buy some of the long-running titles to continue the series in my collection. I bought my last issue of Uncanny X-Men a few years back, then Amazing Spider-Man with issue #700 last year. They were a good drop-off points for me. Sayonara! I'm now emancipated! Not interested in the reboots unless there's a fantastic team of creators, and even them I'm not compulsive about it. I hardly buy any Marvels with the exception of a few of the Avengers titles (thank God for Hickman). Now I just focus on filling in back issues that I missed.

I am telling you....

Marvel Unlimited...

Okay... you are six months behind everyone else. But for less than $60 a year, which is 15 comics at this point you can read everything. It pays for itself.

I am converted.

Yeah, but a prerequisite for that is you have to want to read modern Marvel superhero comics.