• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 10 Most WTF Wolverine Moments

62 posts in this topic

Since we are talking about Wolverine crying in The Last Stand you'll have to define what you mine by a span of the time - over that film, over all three films?

I think some people just don't like to see men crying. lol

I can handle a guy crying (kinda) - but for me - from what I know of Wolverine's character (reading him from the 80s through the 90s), openly weeping and carrying on just didn't fit. Personally, I think they wanted to make him a softer, more cuddly rough-and-tumble kinda guy for audiences - and I'd wager there wasn't a dry set of panties in the house at the end of that scene.

I felt it was inconsistent for the character - I'm sure it was a decision based on the needs of the audience (to have a sensitive Wolverine), and probably added to the litany of kraptastic plot issues with Last Stand. He also cried at the end of X2 which was about as bad.

So I can concede that perhaps Logan crying like a girl with a skinned knee in two of the three movies is consistent with the trilogy, but I will go to the mat saying it's not consistent with his comic character.

The time that Nitro nuked him was lame.

Whenever he started taking a 100 bullets at one was lame.

That time he was killed and resurrected by the Hand...may have been cool in 1982 but by the time Enemy of the State came around it was established he can't be killed. Epic fail Marvel .You can't have it both ways and most have seen through your mess for years.

Wasn't there an issue when he goes feral after the Adamantium is taken from him he starts licking Cyclops in a cave?

I believe you are right. And boy, that period of time was probably the darkest days for his character.

lol

No,I'm not whining.

I just think you guys are taking this stuff too seriously :insane:lol

That graphic wasn't for you, it was for me. lol

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT

Yeah, the discussion was overtly serious when it probably didn't need to be. :foryou:

So, people in the real world behave inconsistently because that's human nature and people in the fictional world can't because they are not real, is that right?

You're using moaning comic book fans as an example of intelligent thinking?

Right..... lol

I'm sensing that you're trying really, really hard to make this an argument. Writing fictional characters requires you to maintain consistency in their personalities and that acting outside of those traits suddenly or without an established reason causes the reader to take issue with that - there really isn't any gray area here. if you can't understand that concept - no amount of rebuttals will convince you.

Very well said

Wasn't there an issue when he goes feral after the Adamantium is taken from him he starts licking Cyclops in a cave?

I believe you are right. And boy, that period of time was probably the darkest days for his character.

lol

tumblr_lpzugbGACS1r1c4kso1_400.jpg

:facepalm: Why is this not #1 on that list?

lol

No,I'm not whining.

I just think you guys are taking this stuff too seriously :insane:lol

That graphic wasn't for you, it was for me. lol

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT

Yeah, the discussion was overtly serious when it probably didn't need to be. :foryou:

Oh,my mistake lol

lol

Who is the artist because the art sucks more than the action.

lol

+1

-slym

lol

Who is the artist because the art sucks more than the action.

Pretty sure that was Adam Kubert

So, people in the real world behave inconsistently because that's human nature and people in the fictional world can't because they are not real, is that right?

You're using moaning comic book fans as an example of intelligent thinking?

Right..... lol

I'm sensing that you're trying really, really hard to make this an argument. Writing fictional characters requires you to maintain consistency in their personalities and that acting outside of those traits suddenly or without an established reason causes the reader to take issue with that - there really isn't any gray area here. if you can't understand that concept - no amount of rebuttals will convince you.

Very well said

Your post is so out of character.