• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

As it relates to sig placement, there are a bazillion Preacher #1s where Ennis did his ridiculous scrawl right over Jesse's face. If you don't window bag around it, he will do it every time.

If I was Fabry, I'd be like "WTF, man!"

Preacher Preview, IMO, is much more desirable.

I bought a 9.8 raw #1 about 5 years ago from a local shop for $10. Low and behold, and flawless Preview was included behind it. VERY NICE (Borat style).

I'd have to look at the Preview, but the one big difference is that it may not be the 1st appearance of Saint of Killers. Saint may show up at the last half which I don't believe was printed in the Preview.

So both desirable? Nice

Pat

I can't wait for the inevitable "Preacher #1 club". :ohnoez:

Another type of "Preacher #1 club":

PREACHER1p17.jpg

PREACHER1p24A.jpg

TV show or no TV show, very happy to have these.

Any early Saint of Killers pages?

My PREACHER #1 club entry. It's not a 9.8 but I like it (shrug)

SOK #3 :cloud9:

(Still need to scan two pages :gossip: )

Now I need one of Felix's sweet pages :cloud9:

This is really good news in spades. (Once again a TV nerd here.)

But Sony is notorious for pumping money into projects, and then fighting tooth and nail so it makes it to syndication (even when the product sucks horribly

We've also got Breaking Bad series writer Sam Caitlin!!! What a coup!

And we've got Neil Moritz' Production Company involved too.

There's a lot to be excited about this series guys. Sorry, I'm nearly as big a TV nerd as a comic one.

I'm going to say this now, even though I'd love to be proved wrong:

I think the show, if it's ever actually made, will be terrible. I just cannot see how a TV series could come anywhere close to capturing the spirit of the books.

As a side issue, it would be very interesting to see what kind of reaction it would draw from Christian viewers. Has there ever been a successful mainstream show in the US dealing with blasphemy on a level like this?!

I'm a Blue Label guy. ;)

I'm a Green Label guy.

Just going to stalk writers/artists/celebs, and get unwitnessed sigs.

More illegal activity. :facepalm:

... seriously though, it's fine to stalk Garth Ennis. In fact if you see him on the floor at a show just barge right in there with your books, he'll really appreciate that ;)