• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

:news:

Most DC vertigo comic books series should have a legit shot at being brought to TV and/or premium channels such as HBO/Showtime.

Sandman

YTLM

Hellblazer

Preacher

Lucifer

100 Bullets

FREE MONEY that requires zero skill not to make these obvious blockbusters for ratings.

It just shows how uneducated Hollywood really is. They have left millions of dollars of profit on book shelves for years. :facepalm:

Most DC vertigo comic books series should have a legit shot at being brought to TV and/or premium channels such as HBO/Showtime.

Sandman

YTLM

Hellblazer

Preacher

Lucifer

100 Bullets

FREE MONEY that requires zero skill not to make these obvious blockbusters for ratings.

It just shows how uneducated Hollywood really is. They have left millions of dollars of profit on book shelves for years. :facepalm:

Didn't they make a Hellblazer movie.

Sandman

YTLM

Hellblazer

Preacher

Lucifer

100 Bullets

NO! THEY DID NOT :sumo:

hm

Been getting multiple inquires through CAF about my Preacher OA.

You have PREACHER OA?

Link?

What Preacher OA would get me your Y cover? :baiting:

Someone else already has dibs on that :sorry:

And I may have something he wants too. ;)

Sandman

YTLM

Hellblazer

Preacher

Lucifer

100 Bullets

NO! THEY DID NOT :sumo:

lol

Preacher 1 will be the book to get. The preview is as its title suggests, which tend to hold much less in the eyes of collectors (based on a sampling of me). What all the kids should be scrambling for is the first issue.

I <3 Preacher. Such a great story.

But was the Preview sold on shelves, given out as an Retailer incentive, was it thrown into Previews or something back in the day? A FCBD sort of thing? Where did one pick one up when it was released?

And I'm buried in reading all of the Preacher TPB's right now [even though I took a YTLM detour right now]. I skipped over #4 - Ancient History because it seems to have sidestepped the continuing story. For those of you who have read the entire series start to finish, was that a wise decision or am I going to miss something? (shrug)

You will miss something.

Same here - took me forever to get one for my personal collection.

For comparison purposes, here's what the two books look like:

preacher-1-cgc-9.8-ss-f.jpg

preacher-preview-cgc-9.8-ss-copya-f.jpg

The #1 is usually the one that reflects being sought after in price though. Doesn't WD have Preview books with the difference of being contained in another title. You likely have more Previews than I do Michael but I personally have never valued it higher than #1.

I think it makes a large difference that this is a self-contained "issue" and not a couple of pages added to another book - I'd value the Preview at least 2x what a regular #1 goes for and probably even more in 9.8 :shrug:

I have about the same copies of both - I just personally favor the Preview, because #1s have always been very, very common.

And you balked at my 9.8 for $275 :whistle:

The fun is in the hunt :)

That it is, that it is :grin:

I am with Schmidt I prefer the previews because of their rarity and additionally being so thin are easily damaged.

Seems like it is a 50/50 thought on what is better...

Preview or #1

I respect the opinions of many in this thread but if you haven't chased down a high grade Preview, you might not realize how tough they are. I attend around 10-15 shows each year and while I have purchased multiple Preacher 1s, I was unable to find any high grade Previews and only 2-3 Previews in total (this past year).

My 9.8 SS isn't for sale, so I feel like the speculation for me is not relevant.

I hope that makes sense lol

I would be more then happy to trade for Previews if anyone wants to get out on the high? Plenty of books for trade ;)

JJ

I can confirm this. I looked for a long time to get my copies. and a 9.8 eluded me.

Additionally the historic price trend shows that the preview has consistently commanded a significantly higher price to the no1.

Why would this trend stop now?

Because f the nature of the collector. Only the hardcore fan would have to have the previews. If the show ever happens then the number of casual fans will heavily outweigh the hardcore collectors and I think you will see a correction. If you are talking trends then where else does a preview sell for more than the #1?

Because of the nature of the collector. Only the hardcore fan would have to have the previews. If the show ever happens then the number of casual fans will heavily outweigh the hardcore collectors and I think you will see a correction. If you are talking trends then where else does a preview sell for more than the #1?

+1 ... that's how I could have put it doh!

Guess it is similar to a Hellboy fan wanting Next Men #21

Because f the nature of the collector. Only the hardcore fan would have to have the previews. If the show ever happens then the number of casual fans will heavily outweigh the hardcore collectors and I think you will see a correction. If you are talking trends then where else does a preview sell for more than the #1?

hm Sounds like a good analysis to me.

Now sell me one if those worthless Preview books Jeff! :baiting:

;)

lol

We may also be discussing two sides of the same coin as Fingh suggested earlier.

When I say the book to own is #1 I am considering all that goes into overall sales. Previews may sell for more than the #1 and certainly it currently does. If that is the only qualifier then I would suggest placing your bet and flipping a coin. There are boardies in this thread that are much more patient in their sales looking to maximize their price. I don't do that and the potential for "profits" with the #1 far outweighs the potential for previews if the show happens for all the reasons mentioned by both sides.

The 1st comparison that comes to mind for the pricing club is WD #1 vs #100 Hero. The latter is more rare and many have sold for more than the #1. I do not know the average for all 100. Which is the "book to own"?