• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

Now some news about Y and my comic dreams shall be complete. :)

Oh, and :news: I have successfully gotten my wife to read Y!!! :acclaim: She's on the 3rd TPB in 3 days!! She's going to catch up to me before long and we'll have to :slapfight: over reading it! lol

You have a very cool wife. Mine used to read comics but retired in the 90s lol

Would love to see this make it to air along with some other Vertigo titles like 100 Bullets. So many Vertigo series provide exceptional source material for the big and small screen.

Oh, and :news: I have successfully gotten my wife to read Y!!! :acclaim: She's on the 3rd TPB in 3 days!! She's going to catch up to me before long and we'll have to :slapfight: over reading it! lol

Don't give her too much credit yet! lol I've been trying to get her to read anything - Revival, Saga, YTLM, Rachel Rising for awhile. I just left a tpb of Saga and YTLM one morning when I went to work and she stayed at home with the baby. I got back and she says "so, I started that Y book. I like it." :grin:

Only thing I ever successfully got her to read before Y was the Watchmen. (thumbs u

Don't give her too much credit yet! lol I've been trying to get her to read anything - Revival, Saga, YTLM, Rachel Rising for awhile. I just left a tpb of Saga and YTLM one morning when I went to work and she stayed at home with the baby. I got back and she says "so, I started that Y book. I like it." :grin:

Only thing I ever successfully got her to read before Y was the Watchmen. (thumbs u

And she left 50 shades of Grey out for Harvey. He's on book 3.

:roflmao:

Would love to see this make it to air along with some other Vertigo titles like 100 Bullets. So many Vertigo series provide exceptional source material for the big and small screen.
Scalped!

Yes, Scalped is another series that would be great to see on tv.

Preacher

A classic...

This was one of those books that was the must read every month when it came out. I revisit the TPBs every couple years and it still holds up.

I remember years ago telling Garth that the older brother from Lost Boys would have made a great Jesse and he thought for a moment and said he could see it (of course I was remembering him in Lost Boys which was many moons ago) lol

I bought all these books the day they came out right from the rack. I have 1 - 42. Not as nice as Jeff's set but at least I have a piece of one hell of a series. A while back I tried to sell these and no one wanted them. If the AMC show comes through we'll see what happens to the ebay Preacher inventory.

20131116_225612_zps5b01fe0b.jpg

20131116_225719_zpscaf53c20.jpg

20131116_225852_zpsa8d9a9d9.jpg

20131116_230028_zps84fcddbd.jpg

20131116_230411_zpsc7c116aa.jpg

20131116_230606_zpsd464ce5c.jpg

How did I almost miss this.... you... :censored:

lol

lol YTLM is always my gateway for girls and people who don't read comics. Saga should be an easy sell after she finishes Y, I currently have my girlfriend reading it as well.

I would love to see HBO get their hands on Sandman. Also, would prefer Y on t.v., at least in a similar way as Breaking Bad with a set beginning, middle, and end, with 5-6 seasons instead of a movie. Wouldn't complain either way though.

hmm I wonder when to sell...

just beforeIF the episodes EVER come out...or in 4 days when the news hits the far shores...?

Most never make it to air.

It'll be the usual feeding frenzy on here and Ebay and prices will skyrocket to 300% more than they should be within days or weeks.

Don't like to be cynical but I've seen it dozens of times. I hope it makes it because it'll make a great show but I'm not optimistic.

hmm I wonder when to sell...

just beforeIF the episodes EVER come out...or in 4 days when the news hits the far shores...?

Most never make it to air.

It'll be the usual feeding frenzy on here and Ebay and prices will skyrocket to 300% more than they should be within days or weeks.

Don't like to be cynical but I've seen it dozens of times. I hope it makes it because it'll make a great show but I'm not optimistic.

This one will make it. (thumbs u

Excited and nervous at the same time...

Will feel the same way until it gets put in competent hands and shown on HBO

Now, if I could just track down a nice original PREACHER page hm

To track one down all you have to do is look at your inventory. Are you setting up at Amazing Arizona?