• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

All of this talk of Preacher has made me start re-reading it again. TV is definitely ready for Preacher. Although, I can definitely see some altering of the story to lengthen it for TV - but I'd be okay with that.

All of this talk of Preacher has made me start re-reading it again. TV is definitely ready for Preacher. Although, I can definitely see some altering of the story to lengthen it for TV - but I'd be okay with that.

I think that you are right.

If they can make American Horror Story work, then I'm sure they can make Preacher work... (shrug)

- bounty

#40 is the issue to get.

It's the equivalent of Wolverine 35.

Pat

(shrug)

+1 (shrug)

Perhaps a production defect? I'll take a look at my 40 tonight and see if something sticks out.

If they can make American Horror Story work, then I'm sure they can make Preacher work... (shrug)

- bounty

Yeah, that show is pretty intense for TV. I haven't watched a lot of it, but the few episodes I've watched (my wife likes it) it is... disturbing.

- bounty

Yeah, that show is pretty intense for TV. I haven't watched a lot of it, but the few episodes I've watched (my wife likes it) it is... disturbing.

I think the adaptation to the small screen is smooth. The things I would cut out, which are admittedly large, are the direct references to God (the absentee god undercurrent), the descendent "Messiah" story line (i.e. have the Grail organization but remove the descendent) and TC screwing all kinds of animals. They will have to change the Saint of Killers origin some, lighten up the Jesus DeSade material, and basically water everything down.

Jesse, Tulip, Cass and the way his powers work can all be basically the same. Jesse's family also (with the TC modification noted above). They have to water down Herr Starr, much the same way they did with the Governor in WD. If you take out the most offensive stuff, it is still a cool story.

- bounty

I think the adaptation to the small screen is smooth. The things I would cut out, which are admittedly large, are the direct references to God (the absentee god undercurrent), the descendent "Messiah" story line (i.e. have the Grail organization but remove the descendent) and TC screwing all kinds of animals. They will have to change the Saint of Killers origin some, lighten up the Jesus DeSade material, and basically water everything down.

Jesse, Tulip, Cass and the way his powers work can all be basically the same. Jesse's family also (with the TC modification noted above). They have to water down Herr Starr, much the same way they did with the Governor in WD. If you take out the most offensive stuff, it is still a cool story.

Yeah, I agree that some of that over-the-top stuff with characters will have to get toned down - but I really, really hope they can preserve the overall story elements. The brutality and abuse in Jesse's backstory from Angelville culminates in one of the best revenge payoffs in all of comic history. I'd hate to see that watered down - but I wouldn't be surprised, either.

#40 is the issue to get.

It's the equivalent of Wolverine 35.

Pat

(shrug)

+1 (shrug)

Perhaps a production defect? I'll take a look at my 40 tonight and see if something sticks out.

I just checked my #40, and it's pretty much 9.4-9.6 with a non-production related corner blunt. Nothing else stands out.

- bounty

Also, the meat woman.

- bounty

Also, the meat woman.

lol

Ewwwwwww

Nazi Woman has that crazy/hot thing going on, though.