• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

I would like a Preacher 1 CGC 9.8 but there really expensive now

I have x10 copies.

Paid $15-25 bucks a piece the last two years via eBay auctions before this disgraceful run-up has come.

What sucks this is all hype with no TV show ever coming.

I've been buying these for years just because they were so damn cheap. I don't even know how many I have. I guess I should probably dig them out right about now. Based on print run and long term popularity of the series, it should never have been below $30-40 for a nice copy.

I also agree that this show won't get made and the price will drop again.

I have x10 copies.

Paid $15-25 bucks a piece the last two years via eBay auctions before this disgraceful run-up has come.

I've been buying these for years just because they were so damn cheap. I don't even know how many I have. I guess I should probably dig them out right about now. Based on print run and long term popularity of the series, it should never have been below $30-40 for a nice copy.

He didn't say they were nice copies . . . :gossip:

A few years ago I bought the entire run, to read of course. I did the same for Y, the Last Man - both very entertaining series.

I have x10 copies.

A few years ago I bought the entire run, to read of course. I did the same for Y, the Last Man - both very entertaining series.

I was talking about my own experience. I bought plenty of nice copies in that price range, which was underpriced IMO. Now they're overpriced because of the TV hype.

Am I the ONLY one that thinks this show is coming?? (shrug)

It'll be toned down. But they could just be creative with things happening off camera so you'd have to use your imagination. I think it will absolutely be controversial and the Bible Belt will freak out :preach::ohnoez::pullhair: but I don't think they have the influence they used to have. And AMC will enjoy the popularity the controversy will bring to their network. Breaking Bad was one of the most successful shows in recent years and it's essentially about meth dealers! :grin:

Hey, if they can do it right, more power to them. AMC is definitely a solid network, but there's only so far they can go with 'objectionable content.' IMO, Preacher needs to go much, much further to be effective.

If only those old HBO rumors had panned out. At least the current rumor isn't a movie - that would have been guaranteed to suck.

I have x10 copies.

Well, since you don't think the TV show is going to materialize and that the run-up in price is disgusting, I will pay you $25 + shipping for a 9.8 and donate $75 to The Hero Initiative in your name, how does that sound? :)

It will get made now. TWD is a great example of a comic property tweaked for mass appeal and hugely successful. Preacher will get the same treatment, and I'm sure we'll see some of TWD producers jump on board to give it the proper influence. It will get toned down and changed a bit - but they will manage to keep the dynamic of the story intact. I believe that.

10 years ago, I wouldn't have believed it, but now - with Game of Thrones, TWD, etc - we are getting film-quality shows that are not afraid to take their time in unveiling the plot. Preacher deserves it, and I think it's finally going to happen.

I don't think the comics will be anywhere near TWD, because of their print run - 28k for #1, I believe - and it might be higher seeing as how they promoted it very well at the time it was coming out. Back in the day, Preacher got red hot by issue #4, so it didn't take long for it to start climbing in numbers.

I have x10 copies.

I was talking about my own experience. I bought plenty of nice copies in that price range, which was underpriced IMO. Now they're overpriced because of the TV hype.

Divad,

They are all 9.8 copies.

It'll be toned down. But they could just be creative with things happening off camera so you'd have to use your imagination. I think it will absolutely be controversial and the Bible Belt will freak out :preach::ohnoez::pullhair: but I don't think they have the influence they used to have. And AMC will enjoy the popularity the controversy will bring to their network. Breaking Bad was one of the most successful shows in recent years and it's essentially about meth dealers! :grin:

I do not think the show will be coming anytime soon.

I think we will see YTLM before Preacher if that gives you any indication of my faith in AMC getting this started.

I have x10 copies.

Divad,

They are all 9.8 copies.

:roflmao: Bully for you then - Quit your day job. :grin:

I have x10 copies.

Divad,

They are all 9.8 copies.

:roflmao: Bully for you then - Quit your day job. :grin:

I did. (shrug)