• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Central Florida Comic Swap Meet 2013!

33 posts in this topic

Today was the second Central Florida Comic Swap Meet! It was a small-ish gathering of friends and fellow comic collectors/fans from Florida. With everyone's busy schedule, it is tough to make these things happen, so it's a real treat.

Thanks to artist extraordinaire Darth Korgi for hosting and to Jive Turkey for organizing. Flee-Marquette designed the logo that would go on the signs and t-shirts, and TupennyConan would get them printed. Thanks to all of you.

We had a big bucket of beer and one of the best BBQ places around (4Rivers) for lunch and then got to talking comics, Star Wars, artwork etc. It was a fun day for any comic nerd. Sborock brought a suitcase of original art, and it was pretty amazing. Jive had a ton of high grade Nedors (and a CGC 8.5 of Cap #78, one of my favs) and a large selection of OA covers and splashes from Star Comics, Joeypost had a few boxes of high grade slabs, David Alexander a few boxes of mostly raw Golden/Silver Age, TupennyConan had several long boxes of nice Silver and Bronze...there was a lot of quality books to sift through and admire. Darth Korgi as a great artist himself was able to show us a huge amount of his own work which was spectacular. In addition, he has a massive Star Wars collection as can be seen below.

20131116_153636_zpsd07c7364.jpg

20131115_153732_zps41d82f1e.jpg

CFCSM14_zps508817f5.jpg

CFCSM18_zpsabb42681.jpg

CFCSM17_zps8d0b3491.jpg

CFCSM16_zpsecbab7fe.jpg

CFCSM15_zps419374c6.jpg

CFCSM13_zps443757e0.jpg

CFCSM12_zps06bfd28a.jpg

CFCSM10_zpscb45d4f3.jpg

CFCSM7_zps0cf2edd5.jpg

CFCSM9_zpsb0cc984b.jpg

CFCSM5_zpsaa99207a.jpg

CFCSM8_zps62733fdd.jpg

CFCSM11_zps4d986d70.jpg

CFCSM1_zps45a630f1.jpg

CFCSM6_zpsf2be2670.jpg

CFCSM3_zpse358e5b0.jpg

CFCSM4_zpsa16c9b49.jpg

That looks like a lot of fun - even if it's just looking through each other's stuff and talking about funny books, sounds like a great way to spend a day! I need to find some more likeminded hobbyists in my area to set something like this up. I have one local friend currently that it's great to talk hobby with, would love to be able to meet some new folks (and swap out some of the stuff I've lost interest in).

Thanks to all you guys who helped set this up! (worship)

Pam and I had a blast! It was so great seeing everyone! This reminded me of the "old days" where my collector and dealer friends would all get together for food, great laughs, and, of course, comics and comic art.

As I mentioned at the swap meet, I will be more than happy to host the next one. Maybe we don't have to wait a full year for the next swap meet....

What a great day! :banana:

Wish I could've made it this year (do appreciate the invitation). Musta got turned around cuz I ended up near Phoenix at a writer's retreat with my wife. lol

4CC80C95-C2F4-4D9E-9A4D-1A12B4CEC918-2919-000003E96144847D_zps8cce4323.jpg

FAABA5A9-D89C-42C0-BC34-8425A5C11328-2919-000003E950098A1F_zpsf9c62bb6.jpg

Hey, any way I could buy one of those Human Torch #23 cover variant designer tees from the Flee Marquette Collection in Medium? :insane:

That robot cover has a special place in my collection, ...two of them in fact. :luhv:

Very cool! Can I get an invite next time? hm

We will probably expand our invite list next time, once we figure out the where/when specifics.

Looks like we will be having the next one in March :banana:

As George stated, we are just now working on the specifics, but it looks like it will be at my place in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.

I can't wait for us to do this again! It was such a great day! :headbang:

BTW....there is no reason that others can't do this in their own home states with local collectors and board members. If done right, you will have a blast!

We will probably expand our invite list next time, once we figure out the where/when specifics.

As George stated, we are just now working on the specifics, but it looks like it will be at my place in the Sarasota/Bradenton area.

BTW....there is no reason that others can't do this in their own home states with local collectors and board members. If done right, you will have a blast!

Nice! Thats right down the road for me!

HI Steve,

If there is room, i'd love to join in March. :cloud9: