• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

Herr Starr Coming To PREACHER In Season 2

preacher-garth-ennis-herr-starr-illustration.jpg

As Preacher showrunner Sam Catlin spoke to Deadline about last night's explosive season one finale of Preacher, he revealed that comic book fans can expect Her Starr to debut in season 2. Briefly glimpsed in episode 3 (though obscured in shadows), Herr Starr will make his presence felt in season 2 according to Catlin. The producer also teased that we'll soon be meeting the men responsible for the murder of Jesse's father. "We don’t know who killed Jesse’s father, but we’ll know more about who those two men were."

Scroll to 28:55 for Rogen, Caitlin and Goldberg explaining what the gist of season 2 will be.

Basically, season 1 was a prequel to and Season 2 will be picking up in line with where the comic started.

http://media.amc.com/assets/show-preacher/podcast/season-1/assets/preacher-s1-ep-109.mp3

I wasn't big on the series in the beginning, but I liked how they

essentially got to the end of issue 1 by the end of Season 1. Hopefully, we get something a little closer to the comics going forward in Season 2 and beyond with the exploration of Americana.

Still not sure I like the idea of Arseface as the replacement for John Wayne's Ghost. But hey, not bad either.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Arseface was actually sent to LA when being told to go to hell. That's how he'll come back, and come back as a rock star.

Loved the show, as did the girlfriend. I read the whole series as it came out and reread last year. I really don't like Tulip, though I'll survive.

I really don't like Tulip, though I'll survive.

Everyone I know that watches the show, along with my wife and I, do not like Tulip. Maybe that is success for the character in a double negative = positive kind of way? lol

SOK FTW!!!!

Saw a youtube interview with the cast. They pretty much said that fans of the comic are going to be happy they invested so much time into a "prequel" of the story by the end of the first season. The presumption is that we're going to get more of the story we're familiar with starting with season 2.

I agree. they have set season two up very nicely. Looks like it will be lots of fun.

Yeah I am starting to come around since the last scene of season 1 seemed to be the 1st page of Preacher #1,

PREACHER Is TV's Second Biggest New Cable Drama Of 2016

Preacher was a home-run for AMC. The new show pulled in 3 million viewers per episode, which is a lot for a new AMC original and cable. AMC reports the series has put itself on the map by becoming the 2nd biggest new drama of 2016, only behind FX's mega-hit show The People Vs OJ Simpson.

“When we announced plans for a TV adaptation of the iconic comic book ‘Preacher,’ the most consistent reaction – often, even, from existing fans – was, ‘There’s no way to do that story on television.’ Thanks to the vision, passion, smarts and guts of Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Sam Catlin and the entire team on this show, we have just concluded a season of television that looks like nothing else I have ever seen on television,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios. “Huge thanks and well done to the trio of Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga and Joseph Gilgun, who are now leading a road trip unlike any other. And, of course, thank you again to our partners at Sony Pictures Television, Tom Cruise, and the creators of ‘Preacher,’ Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, the latter simply for being so damned crazy in the first place. It is the time of the Preacher, and the story really has just begun.”

PREACHER Is TV's Second Biggest New Cable Drama Of 2016

Preacher was a home-run for AMC. The new show pulled in 3 million viewers per episode, which is a lot for a new AMC original and cable. AMC reports the series has put itself on the map by becoming the 2nd biggest new drama of 2016, only behind FX's mega-hit show The People Vs OJ Simpson.

“When we announced plans for a TV adaptation of the iconic comic book ‘Preacher,’ the most consistent reaction – often, even, from existing fans – was, ‘There’s no way to do that story on television.’ Thanks to the vision, passion, smarts and guts of Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Sam Catlin and the entire team on this show, we have just concluded a season of television that looks like nothing else I have ever seen on television,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios. “Huge thanks and well done to the trio of Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga and Joseph Gilgun, who are now leading a road trip unlike any other. And, of course, thank you again to our partners at Sony Pictures Television, Tom Cruise, and the creators of ‘Preacher,’ Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon, the latter simply for being so damned crazy in the first place. It is the time of the Preacher, and the story really has just begun.”

That's some pretty awesome news. I really enjoyed how the season ended. All shows, even the good ones seem to have bumps in the road when they start out and Preacher was no different. I can't wait for the season 2 roadtrip to begin. When will it come out? Do we have to wait a whole year?

AMC Issues Statement On Death Of Steve Dillon

Since Dillon is best known for co-creating the highly-acclaimed Preacher comic book series with Garth Ennis, and served as a co-executive producer on the television adaptation, AMC has now put out a statement: “Steve Dillon was an enormously talented illustrator who, with Garth Ennis, created a cult classic comic we were so proud to bring to television with Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Sam Catlin and our partners at Sony. He will be missed.”

Rogen, an executive producer on the Preacher series, tweeted, “Devastated by the loss of Steve Dillon. My favorite comic artist who drew my favorite comics. RIP.”

To celebrate the AMC series, Dillon illustrated new Preacher artwork featuring the likenesses of the show's actors.

04or2Iu.jpg

797hQUR.png

Preacher: Season One is available now on Blu-ray and DVD. The second season of Preacher will premiere in 2017 on AMC.

R.I.P.

:(

Preacher Executive Producer Teases Season 2 Production

fZz01ya.png

Fans are excited to see what season 2 of Preacher has in store. So is executive producer Seth Rogen, who shared the first -script from the season 2 proceedings, which is titled "On The Road".

Season 2 will begin right where the book originally started, so fans should start to see even more links between the two.

PREACHER Season 2 Teaser Unleashes The Unstoppable Saint Of Killers On Our Trio Of Antiheroes

Following some recent character banners, AMC has debuted another short promo for the upcoming second season of Preacher, which is set to premiere on June 25.

The new footage finds The Cowboy - who fans of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's source material will know is actually The Saint of Killers - making progress on his mission to find and eliminate Jesse Custer, and it looks like our trio of misfits are well aware of the threat he poses.

932.png

Explosive Preacher Season 2 Photos Feature The Saint Of Killers

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg's television adaptation of the popular comic series Preacher returns to AMC next month and now the network is starting to reveal some more information about the upcoming season.

AMC released some new photographs highlighting moments for Preacher’s second season, including the continued debauchery and sacrilige of the disgraced preacher with the Voice of God, Jesse Custer.

The photos show Ruth Negga's Tulip and Dominic Cooper's Jesse sharing a rare quiet moment, their vampire companion Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) getting some son, the Saint of Killers (Graham MacTavish) amid some chaos, and more.

Preacher returns with an episode called “On The Road” premiering June 25.

preacher-season-2-photos-jesse-2-999556.

preacher-season-2-photos-saint-of-killer

It is a good sign when my 17 year old daughter comes to me and says that she heard the show is fantastic and wants to watch it with me. I told her that I had heard season 1 was not very good and she said her friends love it. So I guess I'll be watching Preacher at least until she heards off to college in the fall.

New PREACHER Season 2 "A Road Trip To Find God" Trailer Provides Our First Glimpse Of Herr Starr

151528.jpg

AMC has debuted another trailer for their upcoming second season of Preacher, and it provides our best look yet at the continuing adventures of the good Reverend Jesse Custer and his motley crew of travelling companions.

In addition to more of the relentless "Cowboy" hot on Jesse's trail, we get a shadowy glimpse of a mysterious man in a white suit (Morse Bicknell) who is almost certainly this season's new big bad, the merciless Herr Starr. There's also a hint that the team will be getting "Dixie Fried" in New Orleans, where they will likely run into Cassidy's old girlfriend Dee, and her vengeful new beau.

If this next season is a success you will see people jumping over fences to get the Preacher keys they have been passing up on all year.  Can't believe how cold Preacher has gotten especially considering there is a guarneteed 2nd season coming.