• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

Maybe I shouldn't watch it immediately after Game of Thrones. It kind of sets the bar high.

Its an OK show so far, but what you said.

I think Walking Dead ruined it and set the bar way too high for non-superhero comic book TV shows.

Maybe I shouldn't watch it immediately after Game of Thrones. It kind of sets the bar high.

I do the exact same thing. Monday at lunch I watch the latest Game of Thrones episode and I watch Preacher Monday evening when I get home. I look at them as entirely different types of fun. GOT is obviously way more enjoyable but Preacher still has been a fun show so far.

I do the exact same thing. Monday at lunch I watch the latest Game of Thrones episode and I watch Preacher Monday evening when I get home. I look at them as entirely different types of fun. GOT is obviously way more enjoyable but Preacher still has been a fun show so far.

Me too. Throw Outcast into that list as well. I love all three, but they're really incomparable.

Of course, GOT has been kind of blowing everything else away in the OMG category for many years. Half the time I can't keep all the storylines straight, but that doesn't make it any less awesome.

watched Ep 2...boy is Tulip annoying...I think she shows up just to drive Jesse crazy. When she's on screen all I want is for here to leave and top tormenting Jesse.

It looks like they're weaving Jesse into Tulip's hitman history. Hmmmm....

Showing Jesse standing over a dead security guard is problematic. If it turns out he's a cold blooded murderer I won't care for the character.

watched Ep 2...boy is Tulip annoying...I think she shows up just to drive Jesse crazy. When she's on screen all I want is for here to leave and top tormenting Jesse.

Showing Jesse standing over a dead security guard is problematic. If it turns out he's a cold blooded murderer I won't care for the character.

There's other options....like when the Sandman tells Peter Parker that he didn't choose to kill Uncle Ben....it was an accident and the gun went off.

Clearly they have Jesse involved in some sort of criminal shenanigans tho, otherwise Tulip wouldn't be hassling him to do those things again.

There's other options....like when the Sandman tells Peter Parker that he didn't choose to kill Uncle Ben....it was an accident and the gun went off.

Clearly they have Jesse involved in some sort of criminal shenanigans tho, otherwise Tulip wouldn't be hassling him to do those things again.

If he's involved with "Criminal Shenanigans", is the thought to "be one of the good guys" a new revelation for him? I'm not sure I like this angle for Jesse's past.

Well, some folks have done bad things in their past only to do good things in their future to atone.....I'm pretty sure I've seen that theme before across numerous types of media.

Did anyone think Jesse breaking a guys arm and making him squeal like a rabbit was a strong indicator of an excellent moral compass?

Just watched episode 4.

I understood 95% of what Cassidy said so that's a victory right there.

I'm becoming interested in the characters and what's going on. I'm not going to say I'm "hooked" but I'm really close.

Lots of delightful quirky stuff going on in this show.

Edited by gadzukes

It's just unnecessarily too different from the source material. I will keep watching, but I think it will be cancelled before we ever see a season 2.

I think the ratings will improve, once the plotline is less of a mystery.The ratings are actually pretty decent, so far....for a show on AMC.

The critical response has been largely favorable, as well.

Even if I am completely wrong, if you look at the ratings on other AMC shows...like Turn....they are about half of Preacher's ratings, yet Turn ran for several seasons.

Far as the show deviating from the source material, the budget of a cable TV show prevented the show from echoing the road trip that the book basically was....among other reasons.

Personally, I am not blown away by the show so far.

Breaking Bad blew me away, it was a well done, emotionally powerful show.

Even if Preacher has yet to really draw me in, I love the book itself so much that I can't get enough of the show :cloud9:

I think Walking Dead ruined it and set the bar way too high for non-superhero comic book TV shows.

I find this somewhat amusing, as I don't think WD has been nearly as good, or at the very least, consistently good lately as it was early on.

Preacher so far has been a strong B+ in my book. I never read the source material, so I have no comparisons or expectations to base my opinion off of, just the episodes as they are, and so far, I've enjoyed it. And as for Tulip, again, without reading the source material, I have no working knowledge of what she is "supposed" to be like, but I enjoy the character as she is, and think the actress (who also did a turn on AOS, if memory serves) is doing a fine job.

So I've heard folks say "Outcast is better"......I just saw the first two episodes.....never read the comic so I'm not sure how it differs or doesn't from the comic....

But, I'm not entirely "blown away" by that show either. It's certainly not funny for sure.

Anyway, it's not horrible but I'm not eagerly awaiting the next installment of Outcast.

That being said, Preacher is still plodding along very slowly. I'm a bit weary of Tulip and I know she was a bad choice.....but enough already with the town yokels. I can totally do without the Mayor and his love interest that is actually into Jesse.

More Cassidy, more Saint of Killers.....more SUPERNATURAL STUFF and less hayseed nonsense please. Even Odin is now starting to totally bore me.....make him bang a giant meat-puppet already!!!

Episode Four was good, IMO.

Cassidy was funny at the hospital acting like some miracle happened in healing him while he is sucking down blood bags.

Jesse 'converting' Odin Quincannon to serving God felt like this is going to be a mistake that comes back to haunt him. Since I am not familiar with the comics, I'm going on gut feeling.

Tulip still seems like a side character that is just there to tease the past with Jesse, and seems to float in and out without a solid fit yet.