• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Rocks - Sending email - Question regarding legal liability

203 posts in this topic

Actually yes I am very proud of being audited 7 years in a row and coming out ahead every year

(thumbs u

Are you proud of creating that website?

I really have nothing against you Jop. I don't condone any of the actions Red Rocks did here and to DT. But I think creating the website is crossing a line that this forum should not tolerate.

Just my opinion.

Mark

How does it cross a line?

Publicly available photo

no mention of bad experiences

no mention of his fraud\

If he asked to take it down as he wanted it for himself then I would have to unless another rontheda wanted it

Intent. What is your intent? You've never stated and it could be mixed…

Actually yes I am very proud of being audited 7 years in a row and coming out ahead every year

(thumbs u

I really have nothing against you Jop. I don't condone any of the actions Red Rocks did here and to DT. But I think creating the website is crossing a line that this forum should not tolerate.

Just my opinion.

Mark

Publicly available photo

no mention of his fraud\

If he asked to take it down as he wanted it for himself then I would have to unless another rontheda wanted it

Chris is 100% right. You crossed the line by creating the site with intent to hurt Red Rocks. To do something that would affect his potential dealings in comics or worse...his livelihood.

You know why you did it.

So...

Ron Theda aka RedRocks is going to sue me. Or so him and a couple of his friends

for http://rontheda.com/

My question is what do I have that is illegal? A public picture, a comic investor, nothing about how he is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.

The link goes to CGC page nothing direct.

Trying to see how I am sueable in this situation

Easy answer would be to sell him the domain name. $200? $500? $1000? ....$18K? Don't know what would be considered "fair".

He's saving that website for his grandkids. (tsk)

But will his wife let him keep it?

(thumbs u

Just my opinion.

Mark

Publicly available photo

no mention of his fraud\

Chris is 100% right. You crossed the line by creating the site with intent to hurt Red Rocks. To do something that would affect his potential dealings in comics or worse...his livelihood.

You know why you did it.

Ono no no. NO intent to hurt, harm just to inform

If the intent was to actually harm "quotes" could have been added from the thread that would be intent.

This is or was just to inform

Many thousands of people that are not on this site that collect you don'y feel that they should be informed and be aware

You guys are all too young to remember Warrant then?

I'm not but I'm trying to forget them again.

lol ditto

They actually had some decent songs, but you'll never hear them on the radio.

Don't look... don't dwell on the name... hit play, close your eyes, & listen, and I think you might find this at least inoffensive.

;)

-slym

With all the new cyber bullying laws, I'd remove the website immediately. I'd stop posting on the topic and remove all existing comments.

As well as shower in Ammonia and burn his clothes.

That seems excessive... but just to be safe I'd say go for it.

In all seriousness, we are going in to a new age. Cyber bullying is a real thing and the laws and lines are very blurry. The website, while funny, is also in some blurry area. Ron seems like the perfect person to be the first adult to use cyber bullying to his favor.

He has to prove bullying first. There is NOTHING there to show any ill intent.

One has to find that for themselves.

;)

-slym

(thumbs u

Just my opinion.

Mark

Publicly available photo

no mention of his fraud\

You know why you did it.

Ono no no. NO intent to hurt, harm just to inform

If the intent was to actually harm "quotes" could have been added from the thread that would be intent.

This is or was just to inform

Many thousands of people that are not on this site that collect you don'y feel that they should be informed and be aware

I think the plethora of posts that pop up on google linked to these boards are already enough to warn someone if they were to look for it.

I'm done on the subject and wish you luck.

Marc

(thumbs u

Just my opinion.

Mark

Publicly available photo

no mention of his fraud\

You know why you did it.

Didn't Ron Theda himself do that? Isn't information supposed to be available to those who want it, if it is posted in a public forum no less? Jop didn't point to anything, but people can do research themselves and find the stuff RR himself said, which is what is "damaging."

-slym