• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov heritage auction.

329 posts in this topic

:banana::whee::acclaim: More later...

I'm going to guess...you won the Cap #2?

That's a good guess! (thumbs u

The other one was more of a shocker.

One clue: My first GA book from this publisher (I feel like such a Timely traitor). ;)

DC?? :o:wishluck:

Fu fu Manchoob, I am the Walrus. ;)

(worship):applause:

Attaboy Cat! I'm thrilled for you and proud of you :)

I was surprised the tec 29 sold for so much even with brittle pages. I guess a blue label trumps page quality.

The last couple that have come to market recently have both been brittle or slightly brittle pages. That's why I was surprised it didn't go for more....or at least closer to the last 2.0 that sold four years ago for nearly $14K.

-J.

One clue: My first GA book from this publisher (I feel like such a Timely traitor). ;)

+1 an amazing book! :applause:

TEC 33 IN 8.0 SOLD FOR 68.7 K

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LAST SALE IN GRADE WAS 83k????????????????????????????

:o

The book has been downhill since it came to the market so many times

From 92,612 to 82,650 and finally 68,712 in a one year period shows a trend downward, possibly the book was overvalued to begin with, I don't think anybody would disagree with a 50K price and 68K is not bad considering this auction is mainly OA. The SKY is not falling.

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

From 92,612 to 82,650 and finally 68,712 in a one year period shows a trend downward, possibly the book was overvalued to begin with, I don't think anybody would disagree with a 50K price and 68K is not bad considering this auction is mainly OA. The SKY is not falling.

Indeed. And I doubt we'll see anymore of these come to market anytime soon with such a pronounced downward trajectory.

-J.

Well, for me, there was only one book I was after. Put in what I thought was a really strong bid (as I was going to be tied up all afternoon interviewing a new doctor for our practice). Turns out somebody wanted it one more bid increment than I did.

Hate it when making a living interferes with life. :frustrated:

Books will always come on the market, but with the shift to OA, the push to get them is gonna be less. Just look at this auction, which is top heavy with over 800 pieces of original art...and so we see a pattern of not promoting the GA as well as the OA. The overall results seem solid to me.

There were some very good GA books this auction, but real steals come on Sat with internet bidding only...

Books will always come on the market, but with the shift to OA, the push to get them is gonna be less. Just look at this auction, which is top heavy with over 800 pieces of original art...and so we see a pattern.

There were some very good GA books this auction, but real steals come on Sat with internet bidding only...

i don't think there is any "shift" to OA for the hobby. Maybe for Heritage, but not the hobby.

I watched every lot of GA in real time tonight and most outperformed what I would have expected.

I know 100s of GA comic collectors, darn few of them have "shifted" to OA, Darn few.

Books will always come on the market, but with the shift to OA, the push to get them is gonna be less. Just look at this auction, which is top heavy with over 800 pieces of original art...and so we see a pattern.

i don't think there is any "shift" to OA for the hobby. Maybe for Heritage, but not the hobby.

I watched every lot of GA in real time tonight and most outperformed what I would have expected.

I know 100s of GA comic collectors, darn few of them have "shifted" to OA, Darn few.

I only know of 1 GA collector that shifter to OA, and he did it about 15 years ago. PK.

+1 an amazing book! :applause:

Looks like Cat is selling his undercopy on ebay already! :insane:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-18-CGC-6-5-OWW-Classic-Fu-Manchu-Craig-Flessel-DC-Golden-Age-/231100192151?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Ha.com goes where the money is....they are the market leader......Dollar wise the OA market has exploded. Every GA collector that I know....has gone to OA also, there are just NOT one type of collector any more. We can use this auction to see the dollar allocation and it is not gonna be close.

Ga and OA collecting can co-exist together, its just that OA prices have a long way to go.....UP.

Ha.com goes where the money is....they are the market leader......Dollar wise the OA market has exploded. Every GA collector that I know....has gone to OA also, there are just NOT one type of collector any more. We can use this auction to see the dollar allocation and it is not gonna be close.

Ga and OA collecting can co-exist together, its just that OA prices have a long way to go.....UP.

Heritage goes where the commissions are. Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps OA is OVER inflated, hence the mass sell-off through Heritage? Collectors tend to sell things that are over valued... not under valued! hm

In the old days, you could crack out your comics, read them, touch them etc...today you cant and the OA you can see and put on your wall.

The market is hot right now, but the quality OA still has room to grow.

Yes with the money drain, GA prices have stalled from the growth since 2002, but again, things look good for all collectors.

(thumbs u

0 for 2 :(
0 for 2 :(

Yea, me too. I just can't see spending triple guide for my want list books just so I can take a bath in the future if I ever have to dump 'em. That BP is a real deal breaker

Agree completely. I am finding I am buying less and less off Heritage because of that BP. Heritage has also changed how they auction books. I used to be able to pick up lots of silver aged books ( as an example ) that contained one key and say 10-15 other books for the price of the key. Now they are pulling the key to get over market and still get reasonable pricing for the remaining lot.