• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nov heritage auction.

329 posts in this topic

Today is January 6, 2014 and i finally called Heritage to find out why I still have not received the books that I had won in their November 21 2013 auction. They told me that since I live within 50 miles of Beverly Hills, where the auction was held, that I was supposed to drive out there to pickup the books. Nobody ever told me that and on top of that when I paid for my books I paid them $27.80 to have the books shipped out to me! Doesn't it make sense that if I pay them to ship my books out to me that I expect them to do just that? I guess it doesn't to Heritage! EJR

Today is January 6, 2014 and i finally called Heritage to find out why I still have not received the books that I had won in their November 21 2013 auction. They told me that since I live within 50 miles of Beverly Hills, where the auction was held, that I was supposed to drive out there to pickup the books. Nobody ever told me that and on top of that when I paid for my books I paid them $27.80 to have the books shipped out to me! Doesn't it make sense that if I pay them to ship my books out to me that I expect them to do just that? I guess it doesn't to Heritage! EJR

That's just wrong. I would climb the food chain, complaining. Remember, Heritage is charging you a Buyer's fee. Sounds like they should offer some compensation.

You are a heck of a lot more patient than I am! Makes you wonder if you hadn't inquired, when they would have gotten around to mentioning they didn't intend to mail the books.

Heritage offered to credit the shipping and handling charges that I paid if I still wanted to go to Beverly Hills to pickup my books but I told them to ship them to me. Los Angeles area traffic is the worst congested traffic in the country! EJR

That is really messed up - are they saying any winning bidder who lives within 50 miles of the auction site is supposed to go pick up their items ? Is this stated anywhere in the catalog or website even ?

It's the first time I'm hearing about it.

Heritage offered to credit the shipping and handling charges that I paid if I still wanted to go to Beverly Hills to pickup my books but I told them to ship them to me. Los Angeles area traffic is the worst congested traffic in the country! EJR

..... no doubt ! I'd rather get shot than have to tackle rush hour on the LA Freeway .... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

doesn't paying for the shipping and handling in the first place tell them that you wnted it shipped?

Boggle

Well at least I got my books today, January 7 since Heritage Fedexed them to me overnight after I called them yesterday! Makes me wonder though how long they would have held my books if I hadn't called them to ask why they had not already shipped my books! EJR