• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

November Clink Auction

248 posts in this topic

My point is that, at least with MrMyst's Superworld in the CLink auction, who cares about the PQ it's a great looking book and I think that it is absolutely ridiculous to ding a book or cap a grade based on PQ alone and nothing more.

-J.

Really? many collectors would prefer lower grade with white pages over higher grade structure with lesser page quality.

To those who mentioned they had "Tan" paged books that were flaking, it sounds like those were in fact "Brittle" pages, as "Tan" pages are not supposed to be doing that per generally accepted PQ guideline, though someone please correct me if there is info out there that states something otherwise. I have personally never had a "Tan" pager do that, and certainly not an "LT-OW" one, though I have noticed a silver age key with rarely seen "OW/W" PQ designation on the slab I have doing it slightly. So go figure.

-J.

Mine was an Action #39. Can't remember if it was LT-OW or T-OW, but definitely not brittle, and definitely flaking into the inner well. I bought it slabbed, so I suppose it's possible that the previous owner stored it in such horrendous conditions that the page quality deteriorated to brittle while in the slab, but that seems unlikely.

Really? many collectors would prefer lower grade with white pages over higher grade structure with lesser page quality.

And many collectors wouldn't, if they find CGC's PQ designations to be wishy-washy. Many collectors find the hard numerical grade- while also subjective- to be more inclusive of the book's overall condition, and wouldn't trade just to get "White" pages on a book that's several grades lower overall. But to each his own. We all have our deal breakers and deal makers, and one of the things I like about these boards is that all opinions and collections are welcome to be shared. :foryou:

-J.

(thumbs u

The only Clink book I picked up (it seemed forgotten about). A lot of great Atlas PCH between Clink and the Sparklecity auction.

MT110CGC75_zps63d53cb5.jpg

A very good buy, Johnny.

Thanks and I agree was surprised by it frankly after a 7.5 119 went for $1500 on ebay a few weeks back. Maybe people were turned off by the ink issue.

$20,551 for the Whiz #4.

Thought I might be in the running at about half that price. A beautiful book.

Someone really had to take a Whiz.

Someone is slowly picking up high grade early Whiz Comics. I really wanted the Allentown Whiz #9 that was auctioned last year, but couldn't beat 9K for an 8.5.

I'm guessing I beat out someone from the forum for this one.

null_zps1c061178.jpg

Yep, I was one of the underbidders. Great book (thumbs u

woulda been a nice upgrade for me, but i, too, was among the u'bidders. well done, jeff.