• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

The guy needs to kind of dig himself out of a hole….just a suggestion,he kept telling me he has great e-bay feedback, 5k positive vs like 6….he gives e-bay shipments first go out….

Yeah, funny how that works.

On a site where you'll get a negative for not shipping he's a timely shipper.

On a deal outside of eBay, he's a no ship.

This is key, thanks for posting it Chuck.

Ebay can sanction bad sellers and BLB is well aware of this. Being his fertile hunting ground, he (for the most part) follows the rules. Ebay's wonky feedback system does make for a convenient shield, too.

As Sharon and Michael have already noted, an individual with an authentic mental condition cannot selectively apply the manifestations of that condition with such precision and only when convenient, as does BLB.

Can there be any more compelling evidence?

Just read through all the pages that stacked up here. I hope MM has actually got Bob to follow through with the deal and will actually mail the books as promised. The crptyic Jar-Jar Binks posts were amusing. The suggestion that we should all come running and buy a book to help get this all straightened out, that small orders get shipped immediately..... :facepalm:

I hope we get word that this all has a happy ending. :wishluck:

Still on the phone…he wants to add, that he has been a dealer, collector, historian for over 47 years ago with the RBCC # 47 Oct 1966 his first ad ,and he requests that you look in his ebay store and buy a book or two to help him out and to get him back where he should be…researching comic book history and help his kids.

He is not seeking help for himself, he is better now in the hips after 6 years of very high pain………

He asking the comic book community to come together and heal this situation so he can continue to do what loves the most….be a part of comic book fandom and researching the very beginnings of comic book history.

and yes I am still on the phone with him……talking over old times, taking about the SF sales of Whiz #1 near mint and Det 27 -very fine which he sold to Burell Rowe

Burell paid 2000 for whiz SF copy and 2200 for Tect 27 more info to come

absolutely the most hilarious thing i've ever seen posted on the boards. i think i have an inguinal hernia now; either that or it's the mexican i had for lunch.

Amazing. Sacentaur was spot on. Looks like all that mediation worked, eh, gents?

Delaying tactics, feeble diversionary tactics, abrogation of responsibility. Check.

Admittance of doing something wrong, an apology and a refund? Errrrrrrr.....

If Mitch tells Bob that the only way he will ever rescue his reputation among his peers is by accepting responsibility for past actions Matthew might just get his refund, or his purchases.

Hats off to Mitch if he somehow gets this across. But Mitch, it will not work if in the same breath you enable Bob's behavior to continue. There are no effective half measures or compromises. Clarity, directness and simplicity will work best.

But sadly Bob's behavior will almost certainly never change. "Empathy" (pace, Claudio) and compassion play to his game.

More than likely Bob will already be calculating where to find his next mark.

If that sounds cynical it is not because I lack compassion, but because working with disturbed personalities is something I have done every working day for several decades now.

Others here obviously have similar experience from the standpoint of their respective professions, some far more than me.

But the most compelling arguments have been put by Bob's victims, and those with decades of experience of interacting with the man.

Are we there yet?

Very well said, Michael.

The guy needs to kind of dig himself out of a hole….just a suggestion,he kept telling me he has great e-bay feedback, 5k positive vs like 6….he gives e-bay shipments first go out….

Yeah, funny how that works.

On a site where you'll get a negative for not shipping he's a timely shipper.

On a deal outside of eBay, he's a no ship.

This is key, thanks for posting it Chuck.

Ebay can sanction bad sellers and BLB is well aware of this. Being his fertile hunting ground, he (for the most part) follows the rules. Ebay's wonky feedback system does make for a convenient shield, too.

As Sharon and Michael have already noted, an individual with an authentic mental condition cannot selectively apply the manifestations of that condition with such precision and only when convenient, as does BLB.

Can there be any more compelling evidence?

Not really.

The results of his actions speak more eloquently than he.

Just as an aside, Bob is a very frequent Facebook poster. Not that it matters in the great scheme of things, but in a month when the OP doesn't get his books - and he won't, of that I have no doubt - maybe I can post on his FB page.

In a perfect world, this would never happen, I just hope Bob can dig himself out of it. Again,from Bob he is requesting that you visit his ebay store….and buy one book to help him…….this is call to action for all board members...

one picture.....a thousand words

I cannot believe that some people on this board would resort to such an outrageous

insult, not only to our current hardworking President of the United States , BUT also Bob Beerbong himself;

How dare you….

I only think I asked from the "generous "board members here was…."to buy a comic book for Bob"

Folks, this is not a crime, but a rescue of a fellow or former fellow board member adrift at sea…..we need to throw out the "life preserver" to save a 47 year comic book collector, dealer,and historian. It is a very little price to pay……

I suggested E-Bay because Bob has time shipping requirements……

Let us think….about the bigger picture here……

Are we men or are we mice?????

Mitch, I can appreciate that you're supporting Bob, fine display of loyalty and friendship.

But ask yourself why you got through right away when the OP couldn't get Bob to pick up the phone or answer an email - we're talking many attempts at contact. Clearly Bob is avoiding Matthew by not answering his phone and ignoring his emails.

I can tell you that when I looked at Bob's ebay inventory during the infamous hipgate, he had a fair number of duplicate listings and he couldn't find listed books when we stepped up to help him out. He may be a historian and a long established dealer but his organizational skills are terrible, if his memory is now getting worse he's in the wrong line of work.

Also ask yourself why Bob needs yet another month to address an issue that he hasn't dealt with in 7 months. If he really cared he'd drag himself down to his warehouse and dig out the books and ship whatever he could find tomorrow or send the buyer a refund. All Bob is really doing is asking for more time so he can ignore this issue and sell us more books.

Mitch, as a friend and supporter of Bob perhaps you should roll the dice and buy a comic book for Bob.

Last night was like a dream coming out of the fog…..a blast from the past…..He jogged my memory of times forgotten…of friends who have since left this earth for comic book heaven……

http://www.comicconmemories.com/2010/02/28/more-1973-san-diego-comic-con-photos-can-you-identify-people-in-the-pictures/

at the crisp looking , touching and smelling of the SF comic collection and his limit of 2 books per trip towards the

end and his breaking that for me with a smile…..about 7 pages of notes that will be lost in " tears and rains"( see blade runner), about a day gone past…where we alone, a small group of very loyal collectors…who had one thing in common…despite the laughs, the naysayers, we loved comic books and comic art to hellll for the rest of the world for calling and laughing at us every name in the book……

http://www.comicconmemories.com/2010/02/28/more-1973-san-diego-comic-con-photos-can-you-identify-people-in-the-pictures/

We did not give a dammm about toys, movie promotions it was PURE comic book book all the way, no distractions..no BS.

http://www.comicconmemories.com/2010/02/28/more-1973-san-diego-comic-con-photos-can-you-identify-people-in-the-pictures/nggallery/page/2/

It was a time when you could buy original Carl barks oil paintings for $500…a piece

and it was the VERY first two to ever to the auctioned off….

Times in many treasures were passed by……or overlooked…with deep regret.

What has happened since then……2013 from 1973….40 years of history….we all have had our ups and downs……and now Bob needs our help…..to buy a single FFF comic book or too……to try to preserve a 47 year comic book history…of which he played a major role in adding too what we have today in our comic book world. Your true real friends do not run, do not hide, when storm clouds hover over you, they instead stick with you and hope and make a bad situation better…Only the future will tell the outcome of this and other situations that Bob has gotten himself into…a very tough situation….

one thing for sure…things ain't what they used to be….

Last night was like a dream coming out of the fog…..a blast from the past…..He jogged my memory of times forgotten…of friends who have since left this earth for comic book heaven……

at the crisp looking of the SF collection and his limit of 2 books per trip towards the

end and his breaking that for me…..about 7 pages of notes that will be lost in " tears and rains"( see blade runner), about a day gone past…where we alone, a small group of very loyal collectors…who had one thing in common…despite the laughs, the naysayers, we loved comic books and comic art to hellll for the rest of the world for calling us every name in the book……

We did not give a dammm about toys, movie promotions it was PURE comic book book all the way, no distractions

http://www.comicconmemories.com/2010/02/28/more-1973-san-diego-comic-con-photos-can-you-identify-people-in-the-pictures/nggallery/page/2/

It was a time when you could buy original Carl barks oil paintings for $500…a piece

Times in many treasures were passed by……or overlooked

What has happened since then……2013 from 1973….40 years of history….we all have had our ups and downs……and now Bob needs our help…..to buy a single comic book or too……to try to preserve a 47 year comic book history…of which he played a major role in adding too what we have today in our comic book world. Your true real friends do not run, do not hide, when storm clouds hover over you, they instead stick with you and hope and make a bad situation better…Only the future will tell the outcome of this and other situations that Bob has gotten himself into…a very tough situation….

one thing for sure…things ain't what they used to be….

Sure nuff. We used to get what we sent for or word spread like wildfire and crooks got outed like a fart in a tornado. There's ONE person that needs to realize that it *is* 2013 (bad memory? Mayhaps it's another pathological ploy?) and someone has made no effort toward taking accountability for his own reprehensible actions.

Here is the full article……..

Offbeat you are right it is 2013……and if you or I had the problems that Bob has had we would not be the same people we are today….

I think this is gonna turn out OK, but you just never know for sure….

Here is the full article……..

Offbeat you are right it is 2013……and if you or I had the problems that Bob has had we would not be the same people we are today….

I think this is gonna turn out OK, but you just never know for sure….

I commend your trying, Mitch. I, and many others, just know too much of the pattern to have any hope that things will miraculously change. At some point everybody needs to be accountable for their actions. Hell, my little girls were abducted for over a decade. It shattered me beyond belief, and my attempts to find them devastated me emotionally, and financially, yet the thought of screwing over one of my many buyers along the way never was an option.

You have a great rest of your weekend, Mitch.

Matthew and JIm,

We have a probation list here. You are both members, so is Bob. I don't see any reason why Bob should not be added to the list.

There are some rules about sending him a PM to advise him. You will find them here..

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7198168#Post7198168

You need to post requesting he be added. You might want to add a link to this thread.

Actually, with the amount outstanding, asking to put him in the Hall of Shame might be an option.

Maybe when people google him and find those references, he will person up and realize that eBay is not the only place where he needs to fulfill his obligations.

Matthew and JIm,

We have a probation list here. You are both members, so is Bob. I don't see any reason why Bob should not be added to the list.

There are some rules about sending him a PM to advise him. You will find them here..

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7198168#Post7198168

You need to post requesting he be added. You might want to add a link to this thread.

Actually, with the amount outstanding, asking to put him in the Hall of Shame might be an option.

Maybe when people google him and find those references, he will person up and realize that eBay is not the only place where he needs to fulfill his obligations.

:applause: