• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

and he requests that you look in his ebay store and buy a book or two to help him out and to get him back where he should be…researching comic book history and help his kids.

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Maybe I'll buy some pulps.

Sales of the books were spread out, he remembers limiting the sales at one point to 2 books per person, the first shipment was sold a bit below guide, and Bob on the second shipment sold them above guide.

The 3d bach, Rick Durell bought a major chunk of that third bach when they drove it to SDCC, he died of a heart attack in 1983…when rick died there were a lot of collectors who wanted to get the books, Erine Geber auctions his collection by the TITLE which limits it,supposedly Erine uses the money to publish the photo guide, the widow sued erine and they settled.

and he requests that you look in his ebay store and buy a book or two to help him out and to get him back where he should be…researching comic book history and help his kids.

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. Maybe I'll buy some pulps.

:roflmao:

Still on the phone…he wants to add, that he has been a dealer, collector, historian for over 47 years ago with the RBCC # 47 Oct 1966 his first ad ,and he requests that you look in his ebay store and buy a book or two to help him out and to get him back where he should be…researching comic book history and help his kids.

He is not seeking help for himself, he is better now in the hips after 6 years of very high pain………

He asking the comic book community to come together and heal this situation so he can continue to do what loves the most….be a part of comic book fandom and researching the very beginnings of comic book history.

and yes I am still on the phone with him……talking over old times, taking about the SF sales of Whiz #1 near mint and Det 27 -very fine which he sold to Burell Rowe

Burell paid 2000 for whiz SF copy and 2200 for Tect 27 more info to come

absolutely the most hilarious thing i've ever seen posted on the boards. i think i have an inguinal hernia now; either that or it's the mexican i had for lunch.

I do, but Bob is still correlating all 341 pulps, he is in the final stages of going thru the final boxes ( 2 trailer loads) get all 341 pulps for one shipment…..he told me 30 days or less. Bob does not really answer the phone, as he is into internet business only. I can understand, that he put his e-bay for shipping priority due to the time constraints. Bob wants the board to understand that he feels family comes first, and he wants some flexibility on some of the larger transactions time wise ( yes I am on the phone with him again)

" Bob does not really answer the phone" just for people that he is ignoring/stiffed? but he answers the phone for you?

If history repeats itself (yet once again), here's how it likely will play out...

1) Start with a visual sympathy cue, say a picture of a loved one in the hospital.

2) Regale the audience with a rambling tale or two.

3) Perform a razzle-dazzle magic show, complete with smoke-and-mirrors.

4) Post a picture of yourself smiling with a dearly departed hobby celebrity.

5) Then after you've garnished enough sympathy and boosted waning credibility enough to dupe others.... wait for it... a polite plea to visit the ebay store.

Get your seats early ladies and gentlemen, it promises to be quite a show.

Can you do that with the stock market? :wishluck:

I do, but Bob is still correlating all 341 pulps, he is in the final stages of going thru the final boxes ( 2 trailer loads) get all 341 pulps for one shipment…..he told me 30 days or less. Bob does not really answer the phone, as he is into internet business only. I can understand, that he put his e-bay for shipping priority due to the time constraints. Bob wants the board to understand that he feels family comes first, and he wants some flexibility on some of the larger transactions time wise ( yes I am on the phone with him again)

" Bob does not really answer the phone" just for people that he is ignoring/stiffed? but he answers the phone for you?

trappist monks answer the phone when the king of comics is a'callin.

What Bob really needs to do is grab one or two large flat rate boxes and fill them with as many pulps as possible, preferably some of the more valuable ones from the deal. Ship them Monday, give Matt the tracking numbers. Ie, actually communicate. They will arrive on Wednesday. This would be progress.

Then over the next week he needs to send at least another 100 pulps, say on Monday the 2nd. These could be shipped by a cheaper, slower method, as progress is quantifiably being made. This again shows an intent to deliver and continues the progress. Then he can get the rest underway over the next few weeks.

Bob may have a strong desire to ship them all at once to save a bit on shipping but at this point it's ridiculous. Plus, any extra shipping cost is tax deductible, so it's reduced a good amount anyway.

What an epic thread. Mitch I think you need a new business model - forget traffic tickets, just track down deadbeat comic sellers and take a cut of what you collect! I give you kudos for trying; it definitely seems like your heart is in the right place.

However, the "please buy something from my store" comment almost had me waking up my wife I was laughing so hard. I know you can be a bit silly sometimes, but do you actually think anyone reading this would do business with this guy ever again? I mean honestly Mitch, even you had to be a bit embarrassed typing that out.

I understand health and family hardships, but methinks the well at the CGC boards has run dry for Bob. Best to make this deal right as soon as possible (way faster than 30 days!) and move elsewhere.

What an epic thread. Mitch I think you need a new business model - forget traffic tickets, just track down deadbeat comic sellers and take a cut of what you collect! I give you kudos for trying; it definitely seems like your heart is in the right place.

However, the "please buy something from my store" comment almost had me waking up my wife I was laughing so hard. I know you can be a bit silly sometimes, but do you actually think anyone reading this would do business with this guy ever again? I mean honestly Mitch, even you had to be a bit embarrassed typing that out.

I understand health and family hardships, but methinks the well at the CGC boards has run dry for Bob. Best to make this deal right as soon as possible (way faster than 30 days!) and move elsewhere.

The guy needs to kind of dig himself out of a hole….just a suggestion,he kept telling me he has great e-bay feedback, 5k positive vs like 6….he gives e-bay shipments first go out….

You seem like a nice chap vaillant, but please, get off your sanctimonious high horse.

Yeah - that's my horse pardner!

I just haven't paid for it yet.

Consarn it!!

Well, I tried to consarn it, but Heritage said I'd have to boil it down for glue first.

lol

You old guys are so funny sometimes!

In a perfect world, this would never happen, I just hope Bob can dig himself out of it. Again,from Bob he is requesting that you visit his ebay store….and buy one book to help him…….this is call to action for all board members...

Bob has an awful lot of nerve asking for more orders when he has paid, unshipped orders going back 7 months. What's paid for don't ship but to get more money I'll ship the new orders - maybe.