• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Matt is 100% right on this one, a nice guy too.

I hope and pray everybody does the right thing…..

Mitch, who is "everybody". Seems only bob need to do the right thing?

he is taking meds to combat this condition

hm. If it's true then I'm sorry to hear that. For what it's worth, he was good fun to talk to in person and seems very knowledgeable but I think sometimes he didn't know where to draw the line on what he said.

I wish him the best and hopefully he can make things right. Having been in the situation where money is tight (as I'm sure we all have at some point) it can be very difficult to 'do the right thing' when you're broke and can't pay your own bills, let alone pay others back.

Nobody wants to hear that someone is ill. Or in a financial bind. But, it doesn't excuse not shipping something that was paid for. Especially $3K worth. (shrug)

There is a bit more hardship to story, that bob has not asked me to talk about.

I really hope, we can begin to believe in him again…actions speak louder than words.

If this is true then I must issue an apology about any aspersions I cast earlier, and also laud Mitch for making the effort to resolve the problem.

"If this is true" - there's the rub, Goldie.

MrBedrock said it best (and I paraphrase) not to believe anything that comes out of BLB's mouth.

With me some time ago, here are his excuses communicated to me:

-stock mix-up

-mental problems

-warehouse was 106 degrees

-his hip was bothering him

-he had a hernia surgery that went bad

-occasional dementia

-a relative was sick

When the sheet really hit the fan, he miraculously became lucid beyond belief and managed to convince ebay not to suspend his account even after their investigator told me that they were.

He is a pro's pro... it just never ends with him.

Let give bob some time, I told him 30days to make things right. Bob has admitted he has gotten behind on a few orders as well as matt's. He is gonna try and keep up with that issue. Everybody means not just matt….if you get my drift...

hm. If it's true then I'm sorry to hear that. For what it's worth, he was good fun to talk to in person and seems very knowledgeable but I think sometimes he didn't know where to draw the line on what he said.

I wish him the best and hopefully he can make things right. Having been in the situation where money is tight (as I'm sure we all have at some point) it can be very difficult to 'do the right thing' when you're broke and can't pay your own bills, let alone pay others back.

Nobody wants to hear that someone is ill. Or in a financial bind. But, it doesn't excuse not shipping something that was paid for. Especially $3K worth. (shrug)

I agree completely. The right thing is the only 'right' answer.

I may have sounded like I was trying to justify Bob's actions but I didn't mean to. I was merely sympathizing with how difficult a situation it is for all parties involved. If indeed medical history is a factor, it becomes exceedingly difficult to navigate as normal rules don't apply. As long as that condition is true, obviously.

I wish all parties the best in sorting it out.

If this is true then I must issue an apology about any aspersions I cast earlier, and also laud Mitch for making the effort to resolve the problem.

"If this is true" - there's the rub, Goldie.

MrBedrock said it best (and I paraphrase) not to believe anything that comes out of BLB's mouth.

With me some time ago, here are his excuses communicated to me:

-stock mix-up

-mental problems

-warehouse was 106 degrees

-his hip was bothering him

-he had a hernia surgery that went bad

-occasional dementia

-a relative was sick

When the sheet really hit the fan, he miraculously became lucid beyond belief and managed to convince ebay not to suspend his account even after their investigator told me that they were.

He is a pro's pro... it just never ends with him.

amen-to-that-82460405134.jpeg

The lesson to be learned here is that there are two sides to the story. Matt is 100% not at fault. He has paid and deserves what he paid for……

Bob position is that he was unable to ship and get all the pulps together for one shipment( 4 boxes) at one time, he had a lot of other issues to deal with…

Still if you take the money you need to deliver,lets hope this ends up in a positive way.

The problem is that even though he's having all of these issues, he's continuing to operate as though he doesn't have these issues.

This makes his issues everyone else's issues.

Does that make sense?

People are happy to help and there are a lot of good souls on these boards but people are less reluctant to help if they feel they are being taken advantage of, and a string of excuses really makes it look like that is what was happening.

Let give bob some time, I told him 30days to make things right. Bob has admitted he has gotten behind on a few orders as well as matt's. He is gonna try and keep up with that issue. Everybody means not just matt….if you get my drift...

Don't you think he's had enough time, Mitch, and that Matt deserves priority?

I do, but Bob is still correlating all 341 pulps, he is in the final stages of going thru the final boxes ( 2 trailer loads) get all 341 pulps for one shipment…..he told me 30 days or less. Bob does not really answer the phone, as he is into internet business only. I can understand, that he put his e-bay for shipping priority due to the time constraints. Bob wants the board to understand that he feels family comes first, and he wants some flexibility on some of the larger transactions time wise ( yes I am on the phone with him again)

His new warehouse move has really delayed him, he feels he cannot win in any situation and his daughter has relapsed in her medical condition, as well as bob's

heath has taken a turn for worst.

He is gonna set things right, in less than 30 days,He has a couple of large orders that have been held up, but on the little orders he ships them asap.

Directly from Bob, he is shipping and did not have time to go thru boxes...

The new warehouse required boxing his entire inventory, moving over to another side of town, doing e-bay on daliy basis, and dealing with his family issues as well as his own.

And now this is his side of the story……His doctor is well known comic bookcollecor by the name DR. Jeff Rapp if you want to check it out

but when he realized he couldn't meet the order, why didn't he refund? and are we to take it that had matthew not made his original post that led to your mediation, bob would've just flat stiffed him?

His new warehouse move has really delayed him, he feels he cannot win in any situation and his daughter has relapsed in her medical condition, as well as bob's

heath has taken a turn for worst.

He is gonna set things right, in less than 30 days,He has a couple of large orders that have been held up, but on the little orders he ships them asap.

Directly from Bob, he is shipping and did not have time to go thru boxes...

He's had many months to go through boxes and his excuses are repetitive.

Seriously if you take money and use that money for your family and never take the time to fulfill your promise, how is that different from stealing?

As for his memory. My mother passed away from Alzheimer's, I'm very familiar with it, and someone who is cognizant enough to SCREEN his/her phone calls, doesn't really fit the pattern.

He should send the money back, now. No excuses. He's just hoping this thread will be lost;forgotten in a month.

Still on the phone…he wants to add, that he has been a dealer, collector, historian for over 47 years ago with the RBCC # 47 Oct 1966 his first ad ,and he requests that you look in his ebay store and buy a book or two to help him out and to get him back where he should be…researching comic book history and help his kids.

He is not seeking help for himself, he is better now in the hips after 6 years of very high pain………

He asking the comic book community to come together and heal this situation so he can continue to do what loves the most….be a part of comic book fandom and researching the very beginnings of comic book history.

and yes I am still on the phone with him……talking over old times, taking about the SF sales of Whiz #1 near mint and Det 27 -very fine which he sold to Burell Rowe

Burell paid 2000 for whiz SF copy and 2200 for Tect 27 more info to come

Bob says the SF collection was 4000 comics. Nick marcus got about 150 timely and paid $1 a piece.

3 sets of relatives spilt the entire collection about 1500 a piece, there were duplicates of some of the books, I remember seeing two late actions which were duplicates.

he requests that you look in his ebay store and buy a book or two to help him out and to get him back where he should be…researching comic book history and help his kids.

Bob was saying the same thing when I entered fandom ... in 1999 :o