• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

I've posted on the probation thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425&fpart=1922

I'd like to request that anyone willing to give any evidence of their own "difficult" transactions with the man in the past go to that thread and write about them. I'd like to put some more pressure on him to actually follow through with the current transaction he has with me and Jim, and prevent him from doing this to anyone else. I have no faith he'll complete the deal in another month either. Any support on that thread towards his being included in the probation or hall of shame lists would be very appreciated.

Thanks. - M

Matthew, you can trust Mark/Esquire Comics, if he says the books are coming they will.

I'm curious, has Bob contacted this issue since you started a thread here?

One solution (hypothetical): File suit and hire a process server to hand Obadiah Oldbuck Bob a court summons while he's on a ComicCon panel reminiscing about the good ol' days with other respected legends of fandom. Given the timing and embarrassment potential of this scenario, I'm pretty sure that Bob's memory will significantly improve. Note: Yes, it's mean-spirited, but effective, & this kind of thing has been done before.[/size][/font]

An interesting idea Cat, but from what I've been told BLB no longer attends certain conventions because he is no longer welcome (e.g., OAFCon a few weeks ago).

Seriously? Banned from conventions? This just keeps getting better :facepalm:

I can't attest because details have been related to me from several sources. One involved skipping out on a table reservation, the other involved "not enough love" from the show organizers and attendees.

In a BLB-world, there are likely other reasons as well.

Take it for what you will, I was just responding to Cat's post...

Indeed, that is interesting. I'll do some additional digging. :popcorn:

Bart Bush would have all the pertinent details about Bob's status with the con and might share that info off the record. Alas, Bart's email response time is notoriously slow.

If that line of inquiry doesn't go anywhere, I'll just email Don Maris. He usually has his ear to the ground on OAF related business.

I just wanted to let every one know that I did hear from Bob today.

unfortunately I missed the call, but I hope to speak to him soon

Thanks Mithch and Mark

Of course talking is only the first step, but it is a step in the right direction

Jim

I just wanted to let every one know that I did hear from Bob today.

Jim, that's good to hear and I'm sure everyone here is pulling for you and Matthew. Please keep us posted.

However, I would like to make it crystal clear that in my opinion BLB shouldn't have to be repeatedly forced into doing the right thing. I've seen plenty of the accused in court, cleanly shaven, wearing a nice suit, etc., when the leverage of the law is applied to them. No matter how nice they may look, no matter how contrite they may seem, it doesn't excuse their prior bad conduct upon conviction by judge or jury.

Considering his egregious past, and because he is now giving the appearance of being cooperative (through a third party, no less) - after the leverage of the Board has been applied to him - it just doesn't wash.

No torch. Bob still ignores me.

Mark Zaid says he has gotten Bob to agree to ship 300 of the 341 books by the end of the week and provide tracking. The rest of the books to be recieved by Christmas.

I don't doubt Mark. He sounds like a stand up guy. And he's going above and beyond for someone who doesn't have a horse in this race. It's just that I still doubt Bob. Just because promise number 17 through Mitch and 18 through Mark have occured, doesn't mean I can forget broken promises 1-16....

I'll let you know on Saturday if I've recieved tracking from Bob, or Mark on Bob's behalf. And let you know next week or the week after if I recieved at least the 300 books in said packages and agreed conditions or not.

Appreciate all the discussion on this. If anyone else has a Bob horror story please post it on the probation thread. The people on there who vote people on and off the lists need to at least be made aware of the problems with him, even if they choose to not let a vote occur on a technicality.

I'll certainly mention on the boards if anything further occurs in the way of Bob finishing the transaction. In the mean time though, I'd like to believe this collectors society takes steps to protect its members from future bad faith transactions, theft, fraud or whatever you like to call it.

Thank you. - M

Matt, I heard from the fourm Mod today, they do not want me to speak Bob Beerbomb's position on the board, the message said " warning "....., so if I hear from

Beerbomb I will PM you.

Let me be clear to the Mod's that I will not convey messages from B. Bomb via phone, E-mail, or psychic communications on this fourm.

I appreciate however, the "Tessio" ( Abe Vigoda) pass on a suspension. ...."For old times sake".

Matt, I heard from the fourm Mod today, they do not want me to speak Bob Beerbomb's position on the board, the message said " warning "....., so if I hear from

Beerbomb I will PM you.

Let me be clear to the Mod's that I will not convey messages from B. Bomb via phone, E-mail, or psychic communications on this fourm.

I appreciate however, the "Tessio" ( Abe Vigoda) pass on a suspension. ...."For old times sake".

Who is this Beerbomb that you speak of?

Maybe the MOD's don't want him to post at all. :wishluck:

Who - Beerbomb or Beerbong?

You sure it wasn't Billabong?

:o [font:Times New Roman]You can take away his bong, ...

0a003c32-07df-4d8c-9f92-9f846eb8ef68_zps227538bf.jpg

...but never take away a man's beer![/font] (tsk)

But billa - never take away a man's beer - bong makes no sense.

Anyways how can anyone drink as much beer as you and still be that slim? It's inhuman I tell ya!

But billa - never take away a man's beer - bong makes no sense.

Anyways how can anyone drink as much beer as you and still be that slim? It's inhuman I tell ya!

Shootin' hoops with Gator, Roy et al., helps keep me fit.

smiley-bball.gif

After exercising, I'm Thor all over, so the human part is debatable. lol

maybe Mitch was talking about one of these (shrug)

beerbong_zpsdb6d99bc.jpg