• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Well, since I half-started this gig... :pullhair:

Happy Turkey Day to all my Board Friends! Your guys are the best and it reminds me of the Stan Weekly Express Days when we used to call out the bad sellers...

Hope my Steelers can beat Baltimore and off to the playoffs!

:banana:

Well, since I half-started this gig... :pullhair:

Happy Turkey Day to all my Board Friends! Your guys are the best and it reminds me of the Stan Weekly Express Days when we used to call out the bad sellers...

Hope my Steelers can beat Baltimore and off to the playoffs!

:banana:

NOPE.

NOOOOOPE.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

Seriously I'll be at that game (since NO ONE IS BUYING RAVENS TICKETS) so I hope we win.

Sorry to derail.

Anyone remember the real bad guy back then in TBG? Ripped a bunch of people off? Have to dig through my files...

Are you thinking of Dupcak when he had Fantazia? He advertised in TBG.

Dupcak's ads were always over the top. Remember the one with a pic of him burning a copy of Overstreet and listing a bunch of "Marvel File Copies"? He sure fancied himself as being some sort of celeb...til he took to autographing Babe Ruth bats with then-non-existant felt pens, and the like. I'll have to dig thru my TBG/CBGs too.

I talked to Bob B for a hour tonight. As you are aware, I am prohibited from speaking "for bob" by the mods who have issued me a warning.

I have contacted Mark by PM and told him some very important information. I hope he sets the record straight with both M and the boards here before Sat.

I believe this transaction will be completed in the future, that is my opinion, not bob speaking.

However the fact remains that out of the say 50,000 transactions that Bob has done over the years, we are talking about say 10 transactions which are being questioned over say…..47 years….. this is a true comic book collector/dealer who in addition has spent countless years researching the history of the comic book , written thousands of pages on the history with no $ gain to do so. It is my opinion that once this transaction is completed that we restore Bob to his proper status…..as one of the true comic book historical Giants of our time and one of founding fathers of comic book fandom. Among dealers, the first dealer to set up a comic book store in Pier 39 in San Fran which brought international attention and interest to american comic books at a very early state in comic book collecting history...

I talked to Bob B for a hour tonight. As you are aware, I am prohibited from speaking "for bob" by the mods who have issued me a warning.

I have contacted Mark by PM and told him some very important information. I hope he sets the record straight with both M and the boards here before Sat.

I believe this transaction will be completed in the future, that is my opinion, not bob speaking.

However the fact remains that out of the say 50,000 transactions that Bob has done over the years, we are talking about say 10 transactions which are being questioned over say…..47 years….. this is a true comic book collector/dealer who in addition has spent countless years researching the history of the comic book , written thousands of pages on the history with no $ gain to do so. It is my opinion that once this transaction is completed that we restore Bob to his proper status…..as one of the true comic book historical Giants of our time.

Mount Rushmore beckons.

However the fact remains that out of the say 50,000 transactions that Bob has done over the years, we are talking about say 10 transactions which are being questioned over say…..47 years….. this is a true comic book collector/dealer who in addition has spent countless years researching the history of the comic book , written thousands of pages on the history with no $ gain to do so. It is my opinion that once this transaction is completed that we restore Bob to his proper status…..as one of the true comic book historical Giants of our time.

Mount Rushmore beckons.

:roflmao:

I just wish my photoshop skills were up to the task! :cry:

However the fact remains that out of the say 50,000 transactions that Bob has done over the years, we are talking about say 10 transactions which are being questioned over say…..47 years….. this is a true comic book collector/dealer who in addition has spent countless years researching the history of the comic book , written thousands of pages on the history with no $ gain to do so. It is my opinion that once this transaction is completed that we restore Bob to his proper status…..as one of the true comic book historical Giants of our time and one of founding fathers of comic book fandom. Among dealers, the first dealer to set up a comic book store in Pier 39 in San Fran which brought international attention and interest to american comic books at a very early state in comic book collecting history...

Post of the decade.

We don't (or at least shouldn't) pick and choose what parts of history inform our present.

Bob gets to live with an image that is both parts Comic book pioneer AND occasional bad business man. And people get to decide whether or not they want to deal with him based on the totality of his work, not just the good parts.

Anyone remember the real bad guy back then in TBG? Ripped a bunch of people off? Have to dig through my files...

Are you possibly thinking of Carlos Johnson? I was one of many people he ripped off. I believe Ron Frantz expended a great deal of effort trying to track him down, but I don't think anything came of it.