• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

mitch, good that you are willing to help.... bob and I have had countless conversations and done tons of business over the years (for the record, always without a hitch)... I have always had a good reporte with him....

that said, I think the general feeling is that bob needs to drop whatever else non family related (family always comes first) he is doing (as in "new"business) and just complete this aging transaction.... 30 "more" days seems excessive imo,regardless of the circumstances, but I am not privy to all that has led to this lengthy delay ... I for one would love to see bob honor his commitment and get this done much sooner than 30 days...

I'm not commenting to slam Bob Beerbohm but as a long time collector my previous experience with BB was not that impressive. Over priced, over graded inventory and slowwww to respond. He did once give me a small refund, like 10 dollars, on an overgraded book I was not happy with. If I see him setup at a con, I stay away. Is he crook? No. Is he a good dealer? No.

Bob would like to know what comic book that was….yes I am talking to him now…and he has read the thread. He would like to post his response but knows the lynch mob mentality that is present.

We would be more than happy to listen to Bob regarding that book. However this matter needs to be resolved first. Until then, all the nostalgic and lightweight chatter is just disingenuous.

mitch, good that you are willing to help.... bob and I have had countless conversations and done tons of business over the years (for the record, always without a hitch)... I have always had a good reporte with him....

that said, I think the general feeling is that bob needs to drop whatever else non family related (family always comes first) he is doing (as in "new"business) and just complete this aging transaction.... 30 "more" days seems excessive imo,regardless of the circumstances, but I am not privy to all that has led to this lengthy delay ... I for one would love to see bob honor his commitment and get this done much sooner than 30 days...

does that include his snoring in Baltimore?

I do want to make it clear that I am not getting involved in this dispute in any legal fashion. I am not going to defend or sue Bob.

What I hoped to do was diffuse an increasingly hostile situation from staining a long-time seller's reputation any further, as well as ensure a collector who made a legitimate purchase has the deal fulfilled as promised and as the law requires.

Let's look at some realities that can't be ignored. Any of you who knows Bob is aware of both his medical issues and that of within his family. They are serious and they have certainly negatively and understandably impacted his business practices. That said, Bob doesn't help the situation with his focused attitude either.

There have been times I have seen him attacked on these boards for no apparent reason. That is one reason why he is no longer posting here, and I don't blame him. I don't like it, but I would say the same for anyone. Its not my style or interest, especially in the Gold section where we usually try to maintain decorum and be mature adults talking about comic books (that may be an oxymoron, but so be it). There are personal battles at play here that extend beyond this situation with Matt, and they really should stop and be taken outside the forum. If you have an issue with Bob, go talk to him about it personally or keep it to yourself. These boards would be a much better place for everyone.

That said, I had numerous conversations with Bob via FB at all hours of the day during this week. I relied to Matt what Bob told me and he has shared that with the Boards. I have repeatedly emphasized with as heavy a hand of friendship as I can how important it is for Bob to immediately mail to Matt those pulps he has ready to be shipped, followed by the remainder within 30 days. Mitch mentioned a snow storm that occurred in Bob's area, which I don't know about. Certainly that may impact the shipping date.

I agree with GATOR that except where family requires Bob should be dropping everything to finish this transaction. The ball, proverbial as it may be, is now in Bob's hands completely.

I don't believe there is anything more that I can really do here so I am stepping away now. Hopefully my involvement helped, even if just a little. We'll know soon enough.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Forecast for Fremont, NE for the next 5 days. Looking good

Today

Nov 28

Partly Cloudy 35°F

20°F

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF PRECIP:

0%

WIND:

N at 16 mph

Details

Fri

Nov 29

Partly Cloudy 40°

26°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

SSE at 14 mph

Details

Sat

Nov 30

Sunny 49°

24°

Sunny

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

NNW at 7 mph

Details

Sun

Dec 1

Mostly Cloudy 44°

27°

Mostly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

SE at 4 mph

Details

Mon

Dec 2

Partly Cloudy 44°

30°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:

10%

WIND:

SE at 10 mph

does that include his snoring in Baltimore?

I remember.

There have been times I have seen him attacked on these boards for no apparent reason. That is one reason why he is no longer posting here, and I don't blame him.

Mark, all appreciate your effort, input, and clarification but let's not feed this fallacy that Bob was somehow a victim. If Bob was jumped on the 341th time with no provocation its because he instigated it the other 340 times. At least that's certainly how I recall those threads.

Mitch,

He acted like a complete jackazz on the boards and got what he richly deserved. We don't owe him anything apart from a nod for being part of the early history. From what I've seen he's eroded anything we owed him to less than zero by this point :/

i've gotta say it; bob's board persona is the only one i've ever found more nauseating than mitch's.

There have been times I have seen him attacked on these boards for no apparent reason. That is one reason why he is no longer posting here, and I don't blame him.

Mark, all appreciate your effort, input, and clarification but let's not feed this fallacy that Bob was somehow a victim. If Bob was jumped on the 341th time with no provocation its because he instigated it the other 340 times. At least that's certainly how I recall those threads.

I'm certainly not saying he didn't fuel it at times. Obviously I haven't seen everything that has happened so I won't defend him other than to say I think there are several guilty parties.

When I start reading attacks on anyone, I skip them and move on to something interesting.

I'm not commenting to slam Bob Beerbohm but as a long time collector my previous experience with BB was not that impressive. Over priced, over graded inventory and slowwww to respond. He did once give me a small refund, like 10 dollars, on an overgraded book I was not happy with. If I see him setup at a con, I stay away. Is he crook? No. Is he a good dealer? No.

Bob would like to know what comic book that was….yes I am talking to him now…and he has read the thread. He would like to post his response but knows the lynch mob mentality that is present.

You really are playing the victim card awfully hard on his behalf, aren't you?

To be fair, Mitch has acted as a good samaritan here and Bob probably isn't in a position to post rebuttal to comments on these boards.

We should all be pulling for a positive resolution without shooting the messenger or escalating any bad faith issues between the parties involved. It's too early to request a UN mission to locate and remove the pulps.

The criticisms have been fairly aired, both pro and con views of Bob's business practices. While I've known Bob for decades, I can't recall ever having conducted business with him, so my anecdotal commentary about his business ethics or any changes that may have occurred in the interim is moot.

Most folks here are sympathetic to personal and family health issues. That said, I agree with comments to the effect that Bob shouldn't take on new customers until he makes reparations to those who've complained about unresolved delivery.

While it seems reasonable to suggest that Bob should devote ALL of his time to family given his daughter's illness and difficulty filling orders, from a practical standpoint one has to make a living, especially when those closest are in need of care.

Business reputation is like a stock dividend that only pays off when customers have faith in the stock. Right now, it would appear that Bob is on the bubble.

My long-winded 2c

You really are playing the victim card awfully hard on his behalf, aren't you?

To be fair, Mitch has acted as a good samaritan here and Bob probably isn't in a position to post rebuttal to comments on these boards.

We should all be pulling for a positive resolution without shooting the messenger or escalating bad faith issue between the parties involved. It's too early to request a UN mission to locate and remove the pulps.

The criticisms have been fairly aired, both pro and con views of Bob's business practices. While I've known Bob for decades, I can't recall ever having conducted business with him, so my anecdotal commentary about his business ethics or any changes that may have occurred in the interim is moot.

Most folks here are sympathetic to personal and family health issues. That said, I agree with comments to the effect that Bob shouldn't take on new customers until he makes reparations to those who've complained about unresolved delivery.

While it seems reasonable to suggest that Bob should devote ALL of his time to family given his daughter's illness and difficulty filling orders, from a practical standpoint one has to make a living, especially when those closest are in need of care.

Business reputation is like a stock dividend that only pays off when customers have faith in the stock. Right now, it would appear that Bob is on the bubble.

My long-winded 2c

I edited my post because it was somewhat harsh - however my point was that any further discussion of Bob's status and history in the hobby should cease for the time being, either by proxy via Mitch or otherwise. It is, after all, just obfuscation.

Not to mention that everyone knows the score by now, and the continued sympathizing regarding his situation should at least be laid to rest until the matter is sorted out.

I've always bought from Bob via eBAY with never a problem..... so I'm kind of sad to hear all this....it doesn't gibe with the Bob I know. I really hope this works out for the best and I just took Mitch's suggestion and picked up an item in Bob's eBay store.... a small one but the best I could do right now. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!!

I've always bought from Bob via eBAY with never a problem..... so I'm kind of sad to hear all this....it doesn't gibe with the Bob I know. I really hope this works out for the best and I just took Mitch's suggestion and picked up an item in Bob's eBay store.... a small one but the best I could do right now. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!!

Here is a board member to look up too.....you are mighty, you are righteous, and you are the MAN.....

Mark, while I can appreciate your attempting to maintain a position of neutrality - and even getting involved in this mess in the first place earns well-deserved kudos for you - I have to emphasize that just because there was "no apparent reason" to you, that doesn't mean that a plethora of reasons don't exist (because they do).

If some of those reasons weren't apparent then, then they should be readily apparent now.

Issues with BLB have been simmering in this hobby for a long, long time. It's only natural that all-hell is going to break loose when the lid finally gets lifted off his own personal Pandora's box.

No one is going to tell you how to act or feel Mark, but it needs to be understood that this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making.

It never ends with him. Never.

The prosecution rests.

as should the continued vituperation...

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone. I'm grateful for this board & us boardies among other things.

Pat

(thumbs u

Glad to see reasonable comments now.

I voted the zombie butterflies, of course. :D

They're quiet and deadly.

this made me feel so badly for g.a.tor's family today, post-gorging.