• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Forecast for Fremont, NE for the next 5 days. Looking good

Today

Nov 28

Partly Cloudy 35°F

20°F

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF PRECIP:

0%

WIND:

N at 16 mph

Details

Fri

Nov 29

Partly Cloudy 40°

26°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

SSE at 14 mph

Details

Sat

Nov 30

Sunny 49°

24°

Sunny

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

NNW at 7 mph

Details

Sun

Dec 1

Mostly Cloudy 44°

27°

Mostly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:

0%

WIND:

SE at 4 mph

Details

Mon

Dec 2

Partly Cloudy 44°

30°

Partly Cloudy

CHANCE OF RAIN:

10%

WIND:

SE at 10 mph

:signofftopic: Bill the title of this thread is "Have you heard from Beerbum", not what is the weather forcast. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to the wherehouse. :sumo:

..... hey, I'm up for Thanksgving at the whorehouse..... oooh, wait.... you said wherehouse..... my bad. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That joke is a real turkey.

sorry about the tech issues….I had hoped to get a better response..so I will discontinue posting this very important historical information...

:applause:

first time i've really appreciated mitch being wrong; he has confused x-mas with t'giving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks, mitch.

Mitch is all give

sorry about the tech issues….I had hoped to get a better response..so I will discontinue posting this very important historical information...

In that case I'll stop posting the very historically important Beowulf.

Was Beowulf a Wherewolf?

Was Grendel a beerbong?

How do I put myself on ignore? I'm really tired of reading my posts.

lol

We have had our fun on the B- Bop thread …….

But it is time to understand who we are dealing with….here a few famous firsts that B.B. has been a part of

1- the first comic book store owner along with Bob and John to have multiple comic books stores in different cites( 4 at the high point).

2-The purchase of the second greatest comic book collection ever sold at 4,500 books from 3 of Tom R's relatives ( total amount of books was 4,650 including Nick marcus #150n timely book purchase which was later stolen from them).

3-First a collector, then a RBCC seller, then a store owner of 10 stores total- 3 in SF, 4 comic and comics etc).

4- Along with Bill Blackbeard, of the SF comic art academy who was a friend of mine also, the two most knowledgeable people on the planet about early comic book history. Note a lot of Bill Blackbeard's comic strip collection is the basis the large comic strip reprint books in the last 20 years. It was B-Bop who let fandom know about Bill Blackbeards death. I was luckily to have Bill attend my first comic book convention in Stockton…to help put it on the map, as well as do a number of trades with him over the years. It was like yesterday when I traded him "Terror Tales pulp# 1 and 3 for a stack of Nemo pages for my comic book store.

If you are gonna read anything about comic book history this year link this NOW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Blackbeard

and here…

http://fischeroncomix.wordpress.com/2012/04/

Folks the the two BB's are part of the founding fathers of our comic book history.

we must pause, and bow, to men whose status, that NO BOARD member will ever …. achieve…… The Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Testla, Ridley Scott. and Gator of their time…….20th century comic book legends: the 2 BB's

So what? He doesn't ship orders out.

We have had our fun on the B- Bop thread …….

But it is time to understand who we are dealing with….here a few famous firsts that B.B. has been a part of

1- the first comic book store owner along with Bob and John to have multiple comic books stores in different cites( 4 at the high point).

2-The purchase of the second greatest comic book collection ever sold at 4,500 books from 3 of Tom R's relatives ( total amount of books was 4,650 including Nick marcus #150n timely book purchase which was later stolen from them).

3-First a collector, then a RBCC seller, then a store owner of 10 stores total- 3 in SF, 4 comic and comics etc).

4- Along with Bill Blackbeard, of the SF comic art academy who was a friend of mine also, the two most knowledgeable people on the planet about early comic book history. Note a lot of Bill Blackbeard's comic strip collection is the basis the large comic strip reprint books in the last 20 years. It was B-Bop who let fandom know about Bill Blackbeards death. I was luckily to have Bill attend my first comic book convention in Stockton…to help put it on the map, as well as do a number of trades with him over the years. It was like yesterday when I traded him "Terror Tales pulp# 1 and 3 for a stack of Nemo pages for my comic book store.

If you are gonna read anything about comic book history this year link this NOW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Blackbeard

and here…

http://fischeroncomix.wordpress.com/2012/04/

Folks the the two BB's are part of the founding fathers of our comic book history.

we must pause, and bow, to men whose status, that NO BOARD member will ever …. achieve…… The Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Testla, Ridley Scott. and Gator of their time…….20th century comic book legends: the 2 BB's

So what? He doesn't ship orders out.

"What's the point in filling the order when it's snowing? I may as well wait until summer."

Firstly, it's a warehouse, not a wherehouse. Your repeated mispelling of that word is just irritating the heck out of me for some reason.

Secondly, he gave Mark Zaid his word. Bob will either keep it or he won't.

Lastly, Bob is free to bother to pick up the phone when I call and tell me how "blah blah blah, Superman is awesome, my hips hurts" whenever he wants, but I'm no longer accepting communications through you. He's done enough ostriching and a 60 year old man can speak for himself if he wants. He has an account here. And the ability to answer his cell phone.

You want to help the situation. Call him up and irritate the hell out of the guy until he gets off his . Or stay out of it. Hell, buy some comics from him yourself. Bob needs the money and you love the guy right? But no more defending the guy. No more making excuses on his behalf. He's not a three year old. He can speak for himself.

This.

I'm not commenting to slam Bob Beerbohm but as a long time collector my previous experience with BB was not that impressive. Over priced, over graded inventory and slowwww to respond. He did once give me a small refund, like 10 dollars, on an overgraded book I was not happy with. If I see him setup at a con, I stay away. Is he crook? No. Is he a good dealer? No.

Bob would like to know what comic book that was….yes I am talking to him now…and he has read the thread. He would like to post his response but knows the lynch mob mentality that is present.

Okay, it was a Herbie #5, the book with a Beatles reference. I think Bob graded it VF+ or something with nice pages. After receiving it I challenged him about the grade. I remember I submitted it just to prove a point. It graded 5.0 CR/OW pages. Like I said, Bob gave me back a nominal refund.

Thanks for the info, I am sure he will read it. Bob is very upset with the hijacking of the thead and the history of comics that he had to offer, especially Bill Blackbeard…..YOU BOARD MEMBERS WHO THINK THIS IS A JOKE..should be ashamed of yourself……

The board posting are here to educate….those forgotten Memories ...'LIKE TEARS IN RAIN"…..and if you do not believe me then talk to Roy Batty a very important member of this and future (2019) boards.

Let me say, THAT I PRAY THAT BOB COMES ON THESE BOARDS and he is gonna tell you a think or two…..it kind of reminds of a comic …….The title is 'BLAST THE RATS"

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121301&lotNo=13391#Photo

Mitch. A word of advice. Take a half hour and go read the BB threads here. Read for yourself what was said, and learn why BB earned his experiences here on the boards. Read how he posted, his tone, his thoughts, and learn how he wasn't chased off the boards, but rather talked himself into a bad place here out of his frustration that we didn't bow and scrape in gratitude for his pearls of wisdom.

His participation in comics history is all well and good. Bravo for him for selling comics for so long.

But so long as he refuses to treat Matthew right, very few of us care a whit about hearing him tout his life story.

Until he settles up with Matthew, bob will remain a persona non grata here. And when he does right by Matthew, and should he choose to return here, a heaping dose of humility would go a long way to him earning that lofty place he and you so eagerly desire for him.

Go. You have homework to do . I'm confident you will change your tune just as you did toward Matthew in this thread. You have been talking out of your sass on this from page one.

Mitch. A word of advice. Take a half hour and go read the BB threads here. Read for yourself what was said, and learn why BB earned his experiences here on the boards. Read how he posted, his tone, his thoughts, and learn how he wasn't chased off the boards, but rather talked himself into a bad place here out of his frustration that we didn't bow and scrape in gratitude for his pearls of wisdom.

His participation in comics history is all well and good. Bravo for him for selling comics for so long.

But so long as he refuses to treat Matthew right, very few of us care a whit about hearing him tout his life story.

Until he settles up with Matthew, bob will remain a persona non grata here. And when he does right by Matthew, and should he choose to return here, a heaping dose of humility would go a long way to him earning that lofty place he and you so eagerly desire for him.

Go. You have homework to do . I'm confident you will change your tune just as you did toward Matthew in this thread. You have been talking out of your sass on this from page one.

:golfclap:

There have been times I have seen him attacked on these boards for no apparent reason. That is one reason why he is no longer posting here, and I don't blame him.

Mark, all appreciate your effort, input, and clarification but let's not feed this fallacy that Bob was somehow a victim. If Bob was jumped on the 341th time with no provocation its because he instigated it the other 340 times. At least that's certainly how I recall those threads.

Mark, while I can appreciate your attempting to maintain a position of neutrality - and even getting involved in this mess in the first place earns well-deserved kudos for you - I have to emphasize that just because there was "no apparent reason" to you, that doesn't mean that a plethora of reasons don't exist (because they do).

If some of those reasons weren't apparent then, then they should be readily apparent now.

Issues with BLB have been simmering in this hobby for a long, long time. It's only natural that all-hell is going to break loose when the lid finally gets lifted off his own personal Pandora's box.

No one is going to tell you how to act or feel Mark, but it needs to be understood that this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making.

It never ends with him. Never.

The prosecution rests.

Steve, you are not an innocent party in this either. I have no doubt that Bob has played a significant role in creating some of these issues, but there are two sides to each of these stories. You know this quite well as a former police officer and I know it as a lawyer.

And please don't patronize me by telling me no one will tell me how to act or feel and then at the same time say "this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making."

FYI, I am not going to engage you in a back and forth as to who shares the blame so please spare me. At the very least a number of you have contributed to a negative environment on these boards, regardless of who deserved it, if at all.

There have been times I have seen him attacked on these boards for no apparent reason. That is one reason why he is no longer posting here, and I don't blame him.

Mark, all appreciate your effort, input, and clarification but let's not feed this fallacy that Bob was somehow a victim. If Bob was jumped on the 341th time with no provocation its because he instigated it the other 340 times. At least that's certainly how I recall those threads.

Mark, while I can appreciate your attempting to maintain a position of neutrality - and even getting involved in this mess in the first place earns well-deserved kudos for you - I have to emphasize that just because there was "no apparent reason" to you, that doesn't mean that a plethora of reasons don't exist (because they do).

If some of those reasons weren't apparent then, then they should be readily apparent now.

Issues with BLB have been simmering in this hobby for a long, long time. It's only natural that all-hell is going to break loose when the lid finally gets lifted off his own personal Pandora's box.

No one is going to tell you how to act or feel Mark, but it needs to be understood that this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making.

It never ends with him. Never.

The prosecution rests.

Steve, you are not an innocent party in this either. I have no doubt that Bob has played a significant role in creating some of these issues, but there are two sides to each of these stories. You know this quite well as a former police officer and I know it as a lawyer.

And please don't patronize me by telling me no one will tell me how to act or feel and then at the same time say "this situation is clearly all of BLB's own making."

FYI, I am not going to engage you in a back and forth as to who shares the blame so please spare me. At the very least a number of you have contributed to a negative environment on these boards, regardless of who deserved it, if at all.

That is very well said…..we see only a small portion of reality…sometimes, that is two posts in a row that you have "knocked it out of the park"….

And I fully believe, as well as have made it clear to Bob, that he is only further harming his own reputation every day that goes by that he does not ship the books to Matt, or send him a full refund.

There really isn't anything else to say in this thread that is not repeating prior posts. Let's wait to see what happens and when.

Your a real piece of work.

Expressing my opinion is what this is all about….as far as a piece of work, it depends on who you talk too….But what it appears and what reality is some time are two different things. After all the facts are out, Oh, I see NOW.

You have a "rush to judgement" attitude on me in this one.

Let me be clear, I hope and pray that Matt is whole again, and makes a profit.

I hope that Bob will make a great comeback after this transaction closes.

I cannot predict the future, I can only hope.

But, I do know this, that in early days Bob was a champion of comic books for the last 47 years, and he devoted his ENTIRE life to that pursuit….and not many people here can make that claim. Up's and Down's have been my life story too, and probably 98% of the members reading this. Sometimes you get in a hole and need to dig yourself out….it is always the RATS that leave the sinking ship, the pretend friends, the emenies that say they are your friends, and the members here who have no courage to speak the truth about the thousands of good deals you got from BLB….they are here only while you are on top, or king of the world….but at a sense of trouble…they show there true color and flee into the night, never looking back and this board is FULL of them….the O Jays said it best…….

A lot of you have done this to BOB.

I don't know if it's so much a "rush to judgement" as more of a what is your point with all this propaganda? We "get" the Bob Beerbohm history and the significant amount of work he has done as a historian. This is not the point, this is just a sad footnote in this situation.

The OP bought these pulps to help him out, he is/has been swindled to this point. The Beerbohm historical value is not relevant, they are two separate issues. You keep marginalizing the OP's situation with your Beerbohm worshipping, and it is disingenuous and insulting. Please stop.

Thanks for the info, I am sure he will read it. Bob is very upset with the hijacking of the thead and the history of comics that he had to offer, especially Bill Blackbeard…..YOU BOARD MEMBERS WHO THINK THIS IS A JOKE..should be ashamed of yourself……

The board posting are here to educate….those forgotten Memories ...'LIKE TEARS IN RAIN"…..and if you do not believe me then talk to Roy Batty a very important member of this and future (2019) boards.

Let me say, THAT I PRAY THAT BOB COMES ON THESE BOARDS and he is gonna tell you a think or two…..it kind of reminds of a comic …….The title is 'BLAST THE RATS"

Why do u keep bringing up the history, the knowledge, everything from the past? Most in here haven't questioned Bob's knowledge and history. They are questioning his integrity as a seller. He is not a man of his words. He is certainly someone I will never buy from.

He has obviously lost a lot of respect from many board members in here due to some of his deals gone bad. Again, i feel bad for him if he is having trouble with his health, family, etc. But why not stop selling, it is obviously hurting his legacy when he can't be counted on anymore. Excuses after excuses. Ship the items or refund, why wait another 30 days, its already been months. Half a year and counting!!! lol, wow, now that is a bad seller.

Stop bringing up his past.

Mitch, this thread was created to call Bob out for not shipping a significant order. Posting positive stories about Bob's contributions to the hobby are an attempt to hijack this thread. Go back and read the first post in this thread.

Obviously Bob thinks preserving the history of comics and the people who collect and create them is important but some of us think that buying and selling in an honest manner is even more important. Taking $3600 and not providing the agreed on product for 7 months is not ethical or honest, and ignoring the buyer's phone calls and emails compounds the problem.

And I guarantee that Bob won't be able to find all of the purchased pulps and this issue will not be resolved in a months time.