• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone hear from Bob Beerbohm lately?

784 posts in this topic

Unbelievable the turns this thread has taken.

There is only one answer: Either the books get shipped or they don't.

End of.

Everything else is just a waste of time.

disagree. unless you mean all of our time spent in a funnybook chatroom is a waste of time. i don't---i come here for entertainment, and in a morbid sort of way, this is about the most entertaining thread i can remember. i'll keep wasting my time here, thank you.

You damn law men always find the humor in everything! :baiting:

How about a first? A KISS video in the Golden Age forum? :devil:

Had the books just been shipped with a simple apology there would've been nary a puff of smoke. Instead...

The board posting are here to educate….

A little story related to me secondhand from a very reliable source...

The reason Beerbohm might no longer be setting up in San Diego is because of a little lawsuit. It seems that Bob broke a woman's foot with either his scooter or pushcart in the lobby of the convention center after he screamed and hollered and berated one of the door-persons who asked him to go to the dealers loading door. Dear old Bob, who we all know is hobbled by his ailing hips, refused to let simple rules stop him from trying to barge through a restricted area by playing the handicapped card. The fact that he was either A) using a scooter which shouldn't have been a hindrance to his hips, or B) pushing a dolly full of comics with those same hips never swayed Bob from the stance that he didn't want to walk the extra distance to go through the correct doors. So he complains to the door guy with such fervor that eventually they give in and let him through. Well in his anger and haste to get in the convention hall he ran over a girl and broke her foot. She sues the convention for $1,000,000! She probably would have sued Bob as well, but other than Matt's $3600 he doesn't have two nickels to rub together. Anyway, the Convention settles with the broken foot for $35,000 or so for medical expenses and the organizers are less than enthusiastic about allowing our resident historian to have a booth at any future show.

I remember seeing Bob riding that scooter at SD Con, like a race car around the isles. My first thought was that he would run someone down riding it that way.

Read his reply to all this: INCREDIBLE! Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Answer to all of this: Ship the pulps immediately or refund the money immediately.

Matthew, the scenario is playing out just as predicted.

The most savvy of con artists will prey not only on the goodwill of others, but also on their weaknesses and then their anger.

This most likely is not going to turn out well for you, but then you knew that already.

Anyone want to lay pretty strong odds that somehow, someway, a year from now to the day, neither the pulps will have been sent, nor any refund made? :-)

I hope this doesn't happen, but if it does the only silver lining will be Mitch won't/shouldn't be able to show his "KingFool" face around here. (thumbs u

Anyone want to lay pretty strong odds that somehow, someway, a year from now to the day, neither the pulps will have been sent, nor any refund made? :-)

Ironic since BLB's main goal in life is to herald his godhood, and legacy, in the history of comics. After this fiasco *nobody* (well...almost) will be able to read/hear his name without thinking of swindling, obfuscation, grandiosity, self-righteousness, pompousness, and ridiculous self-promotion.

I hope this doesn't happen, but if it does the only silver lining will be Mitch won't/shouldn't be able to show his "KingFool" face around here. (thumbs u

probably won't work. Mitch might point out he was measuring time by leap years. Ya gotta learn to be patient, when dealing with a "legend."

What kind of odds are u giving?

I fully expect bob to complete the vast majority of the transaction with Matt by the end of the year

I have been in contact with bob and expect our transqction to also be completed this year as well

jim

the only silver lining will be Mitch won't/shouldn't be able to show his "KingFool" face around here. (thumbs u

I used to feel this way, but now I cant help regretting that Mitch stopped posting his epic poem on the true history of comic collecting, which would have been so edifying to we ignoramuses who by comparison know so little about the early days and the true history.

Mitch, if you are out there, please reconsider and post the text in its entirety.

End of.

disagree. unless you mean all of our time spent in a funnybook chatroom is a waste of time. i don't---i come here for entertainment, and in a morbid sort of way, this is about the most entertaining thread i can remember. i'll keep wasting my time here, thank you.

Morbid entertainment. Classic.

Buffy: Giles, unto every generation is born one who must run the annual talentless show. You cannot escape your destiny.

Giles: If you had any shred of decency, you would have participated, or at least, um, helped.

Buffy: Nah! I think I'll take on your traditional role... and watch!

Xander: And mock!

Willow: And laugh!

Buffy: To make you a vampire they have to suck your blood. And then you have to suck their blood. It's like a whole big sucking thing. Mostly they're just gonna kill you

End of.

Buffy: Giles, unto every generation is born one who must run the annual talentless show. You cannot escape your destiny.

Giles: If you had any shred of decency, you would have participated, or at least, um, helped.

Buffy: To make you a vampire they have to suck your blood. And then you have to suck their blood. It's like a whole big sucking thing. Mostly they're just gonna kill you

Quoting Beowulf again?

the only silver lining will be Mitch won't/shouldn't be able to show his "KingFool" face around here. (thumbs u

I used to feel this way, but now I cant help regretting that Mitch stopped posting his epic poem on the true history of comic collecting, which would have been so edifying to we ignoramuses who by comparison know so little about the early days and the true history.

As part of the layperson rabble who contribute to the negativity of the hobby community, perhaps we aren't deemed worthy of such sacred knowledge? (shrug)

As part of the layperson rabble who contribute to the negativity of the hobby community, perhaps we aren't deemed worthy of such sacred knowledge? (shrug)

I have seen the light. I was a sinner. Now I am saved. :cloud9:

I fully expect bob to complete the vast majority of the transaction with Matt by the end of the year

I have been in contact with bob and expect our transqction to also be completed this year as well

jim

While my "bet" is mostly supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, I'd say there's unfortunately more than a sliver of a chance it may turn out to be a solid one.

End of.

So it‘s about morbid entertainment… I should have guessed looking at all these Pre-Code horror comics people seem to love… :insane:

And Charles Biro was already criticizing them before EC Comics…

End of.

Quoting Beowulf again?

"With all the rubbish people keep sticking in my head, it's a wonder that there's room for my brain."

jim

While my "bet" is mostly supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, I'd say there's unfortunately more than a sliver of a chance it may turn out to be a solid one.

Like Pascal's wager. (thumbs u

End of.

So it‘s about morbid entertainment… I should have guessed looking at all these Pre-Code horror comics people seem to love… :insane:

And Charles Biro was already criticizing them before EC Comics…

Go back to your funny animal books, you. (tsk)