• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Warren Ellis monthly....Moon Knight! Whaaaat?!

153 posts in this topic

I still want to care too, so I'm willing to stick with it for a few of the NonEllisShalvey issues. I'm pretty bummed about it though.

Also, every copy of issue 6 I've seen at my LCSs has what looks to be black ink smears on the cover lettering around the title. Anyone else seen this?

I think that is part of the artwork.

All the copies I looked at had the same ink, in the exact same pattern.

Issue 7 was...eh. It wasn't bad but nowhere near the caliber of the Ellis/Shalvey issues.

That final page was an interesting twist though. Perhaps this means the one and done issues are over.

Issue 7 was...eh. It wasn't bad but nowhere near the caliber of the Ellis/Shalvey issues.

That final page was an interesting twist though. Perhaps this means the one and done issues are over.

I felt the same way and also thought the same [about your spoiler tag]

Sigh, Ill give it 2 more issues. Was one of my favs

I felt the same way and also thought the same [about your spoiler tag]

Sigh, Ill give it 2 more issues. Was one of my favs

I have read both 7 and 8. They somehow lack the same feel as Warren Ellis's Moon Knight. Don't get me wrong, it had moments, but the storyline wasn't as polished and the artwork was a little confusing in places.

I had hope they would want Warren Ellis to stay on the series for 24 issues to get the overall look and feel right before handing it off to someone else. It was my hope that the Moon Knight franchise was digging it's way out of the dirt and becoming relevant again but the last two issues haven't lived up to the first 6. SIGHS!

Curious if anyone else is reading this except for me. It has been THE BEST Moon Knight run I can ever recall short of the original 80's series.

Discussions?

hm

I am still reading and enjoying. Has slipped a touch for me since Ellis left but has been MUCH better than I thought. I was very worried the series was headed for the toilet but I admit I was totally wrong.

Curious if anyone else is reading this except for me. It has been THE BEST Moon Knight run I can ever recall short of the original 80's series.

Discussions?

hm

I am still reading and enjoying. Has slipped a touch for me since Ellis left but has been MUCH better than I thought. I was very worried the series was headed for the toilet but I admit I was totally wrong.

Totally agree. I was thinking about cutting the subscription but stuck with it and now it's one of the first books I read on NCBD