• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- October 2-4, 2014

127 posts in this topic

Maybe Wizard should change the date of this show with the dates of Portland or something....

October is fine, but don't have it on a Thursday - Sunday schedule! I know this year they did it so vendors could get to NYCC, but why next year?

What's with Music Scene at Comic Con?

Is the Austin Show still better than the Dallas show?

Austin City Limits Music festival is a HUGE 3 day music show. You can check out the Line-up here. Just to many big names to even start typing out.

I think Wizard saw this show, said oh *spoon* and decided not to really compete. I see the Undertaker being at this show more than at the Convention.

It's not just Austin. One of the Canadian show has LIGHTS as a guest. Soon enough they'll have Teen Mom Guests!

Austin City Limits Music festival is a HUGE 3 day music show. You can check out the Line-up here. Just to many big names to even start typing out.

I think Wizard saw this show, said oh *spoon* and decided not to really compete. I see the Undertaker being at this show more than at the Convention.

It's not just Austin. One of the Canadian show has LIGHTS as a guest. Soon enough they'll have Teen Mom Guests!

That one girl was being showcased at a Strip Club in a town I was in about a month ago.

Kaare Andrews & Ethan Van Sciver just canceled too

Great.... Looks like this is turning out to be WW San Antonio all over again. Well, at least I can drop off my Alamo City books here.

That one girl was being showcased at a Strip Club in a town I was in about a month ago.

Kaare Andrews & Ethan Van Sciver just canceled too

Great.... Looks like this is turning out to be WW San Antonio all over again. Well, at least I can drop off my Alamo City books here.

I'm sure she'll make it to Wizard World or Fan Expo some day.

How bad was San Antonio? Did the cancellation list look bigger than the confirmed list?

It was a slow Con that had more people cheering for some internet kids than anything else. CGC I think used it as a recuperation Con following SDCC. Sucks as last year I tied my R&R from Afghanistan with this show because of the guest list. This year if it were not due to taking submissions already I would have said screw it and stayed over at ACL the entire time. Having it on a Thursday already confuses me and ending it on Saturday kinda sucks.

ACL has bounced around a bit as they looked for the right weather but now that it is 2 weekends I think they have likely settled on first two weekends in oct.

Oct is a bad month to compete in Austin. I think there is something high profile every year almost every weekend.

Fantastic fest just finished too. Honestly I think their old spot between Halloween and Thanksgiving was the best spot relative to other cons and Austin calendar which is event heavy feb-May and sept-oct.

So now we got Wizard World Austin the first weekend of October, ACL is on the first two weekends, the UT vs OU Red River Rivalry is usually the second weekend of October (usually in Dallas, but all of Austin shuts down for this game!), Fantastic Fest just ended today…yeah, it's busy here in Austin right now!

Good news is that maybe we'll see a fri or sat groupon this year. With all the cancellations people are going to be upset at $80 for 3 days.

Also here's a tip: last year they split badge pickup by the venue you bought from. The regular attendee from wizard and the groupon lines were insane but the amazon and living social lines were basically non existent. I blew past about 300 people and walked straight in.

Living Social has tickets for sale"

$22 ($45 value) for one Thursday ticket

• $57 ($115 value) for one Friday ticket, two limited edition lithographs -- Mike Golden, and Arthur Suydam -- and one Captain America #25 Austin Comic Con Exclusive Variant Cover by Julian Totino Tedesco

• $60 ($120 value) for one Thursday ticket, one WWE Diva Paige lithograph and autograph with 8"x10" photo, and one Captain America #25 Austin Comic Con Exclusive Variant Cover by Julian Totino Tedesco

I got the Paige Thursday Vip for $54

If anyone could, please add me on facebook and click the link to purchase tickets. I would like to get in free :grin:

https://www.facebook.com/FirebirdKid

Use bigsaver promo to say 10$ on 50

Good news is that maybe we'll see a fri or sat groupon this year. With all the cancellations people are going to be upset at $80 for 3 days.

Also here's a tip: last year they split badge pickup by the venue you bought from. The regular attendee from wizard and the groupon lines were insane but the amazon and living social lines were basically non existent. I blew past about 300 people and walked straight in.

Living Social has tickets for sale"

$22 ($45 value) for one Thursday ticket

• $57 ($115 value) for one Friday ticket, two limited edition lithographs -- Mike Golden, and Arthur Suydam -- and one Captain America #25 Austin Comic Con Exclusive Variant Cover by Julian Totino Tedesco

• $60 ($120 value) for one Thursday ticket, one WWE Diva Paige lithograph and autograph with 8"x10" photo, and one Captain America #25 Austin Comic Con Exclusive Variant Cover by Julian Totino Tedesco

I got the Paige Thursday Vip for $54

If anyone could, please add me on facebook and click the link to purchase tickets. I would like to get in free :grin:

https://www.facebook.com/FirebirdKid

Use bigsaver promo to say 10$ on 50

What exactly is the promo code?

I'll be there on Friday but still not sure if I am going back on Saturday.

I have read a lot of bad things about his con (timing of the year and of the week, pricing of things) but I am still looking forward to meeting The Undertaker and hopefully scoring some cool comics.

Even if the con is bad, I always have fun when I visit Austin!

Can anyone help a U.K. brutha out? :wishluck:

I can't attend the show, but I'd really like a copy of the Captain America #25 Austin Comic Con Exclusive Variant Cover by Julian Totino Tedesco.

I will naturally recompense anyone for their time and trouble, plus shipping costs; if they can help me out. Please feel free to PM me (worship)

captainamerica25variant_zps680fdbe0.jpg

It's so weird to me that this show starts tomorrow. Since I'm missing for the first time in years I think I'm blocking this show out, but the Thursday start is just so odd. I'll be really curious to hear any reports.