• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Got Some Great News from CGC...

114 posts in this topic

Blowout:

These books are already consigned to Heritage. They've been steadily selling stuff from this collection since June. I belive the Spidey's will be in there upcoming February sale.

Ed Jaster (Heritage's director of acquisitions) and I go way back to his Chicago collecting/dealing days. He's taken very good care of me. I highly recommend them.

--Gary

Blowout:

These books are already consigned to Heritage. They've been steadily selling stuff from this collection since June. I belive the Spidey's will be in there upcoming February sale.

Sweet. Those will be fun to watch.

r100:

I'm not sure they'd go that high, but it is exciting to think what they may sell for.

For those who don't know me, I'm a long time GA/SA collector/dealer, so Bronze stuff still seems real new to me and it's hard for me to grasp some of the prices realized for Bronze books. But when you check the population reports, it starts to come into focus. There is a lot of demand for certain books in top condition, and certainly a short supply.

--Gary

Bach:

It's too bad that we refer to getting these high grades as "hitting the lottery", but it's very much like that. It's amazing what one or two tiny stress lines can mean in dollars and cents.

--Gary

Oh we know you all right 893whatthe.gif, the mayor of Comics in the true sense.

We could have been tight but you sold all your good stuff to Jaster's Collectibles.

maybe he is just not in the business of making you $? tongue.gif

r100:

I'm not sure they'd go that high, but it is exciting to think what they may sell for.

--Gary

Hi Gary

I may be wrong, but I don't think $20k is too far off the mark with these books.

Depending on page quality, how nicely centred they are, and other general aesthetics I would not be surprised to see the following prices achieved:

AS # 121 9.6 $1,400

AS # 122 9.8 $6,000

AS # 129 9.8 $8,000

AS # 135 9.9 $4,500

Total: $19,900

893whatthe.gifacclaim.gif

r100:

--Gary

Hi Gary

I may be wrong, but I don't think $20k is too far off the mark with these books.

Depending on page quality, how nicely centred they are, and other general aesthetics I would not be surprised to see the following prices achieved:

AS # 121 9.6 $1,400

AS # 122 9.8 $6,000

AS # 129 9.8 $8,000

AS # 135 9.9 $4,500

The 135 cracks $5K. The 9.9 crazies will come into play.

r100:

--Gary

Hi Gary

AS # 121 9.6 $1,400

AS # 122 9.8 $6,000

AS # 129 9.8 $8,000

AS # 135 9.9 $4,500

I will go out on a limb and state that the books will sell for a combined total of over $20,000 including BP. On ebay, I think they'd have gone even higher.

I sent 4 Spidey's in for grading. I had high hopes - they were beautiful copies - but you know how one's hopes can be dashed so easily in this wonderful/frustrating hobby.

AS # 121 9.6

AS # 122 9.8

AS # 129 9.8

AS # 135 9.9

I was blown away by the 9.9...

In the immortal words of Bill Gaines, "HOOOO-HAAAAAH!"

--Moondog

OMFG 893whatthe.gif

How did I miss this thread?