• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Got Some Great News from CGC...

114 posts in this topic

Tips on keeping your books in top shape......

1. Carefully select a pristine book from the racks.

2. As soon as possible, transfer it to a mylar with acid free backing board

3. Place in a brown paper bag.

4. Die

Another public service announcement from Red Hook. thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

Tips on keeping your books in top shape......

1. Carefully select a pristine book from the racks.

2. As soon as possible, transfer it to a mylar with acid free backing board

3. Place in a brown paper bag.

4. Die

Another public service announcement from Red Hook. thumbsup2.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

It is funny cause it's true.

Both the 122 and 129 are absolutely gorgeous. Perfectly centered, and structurally flawless. "Sick" is right. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

... what's with the blunted top left corner?!

Don't forget the scan has blown the comic up to the size of a treasury.

It's still clearly not as sharp as the other 3 corners. Wonder who the owner paid at CGC for that 9.8 on the label. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let's see... 9.4 = $900... 9.6 = $2500... 9.8 = $6000??? foreheadslap.gif

It's still clearly not as sharp as the other 3 corners. Wonder who the owner paid at CGC for that 9.8 on the label. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One corner with perhaps a small bindery tear.

That's why it's not a 9.9.

I don't see a problem with 9.8. screwy.gif

One corner with perhaps a small bindery tear.

That's why it's not a 9.9.

I don't see a problem with 9.8. screwy.gif

I don't see a problem with 9.8 either... But 6K? screwy.gif

... what's with the blunted top left corner?!

Don't forget the scan has blown the comic up to the size of a treasury.

It's still clearly not as sharp as the other 3 corners. Wonder who the owner paid at CGC for that 9.8 on the label.

You're kidding, right?

A 9.8 is NOT a 10.0.

I was waiting for someone to use the massive scan to poke a hole in the grade. That corner is a non-issue.

There are least a hundred more in this grade coming down the pike in the next couple of years.

That's quite a bold statement. It's one thing to say that there must be a few more 9.8 candidates out there, but a hundred more? And in the next couple of years?

If this is not just rampant speculation, please elaborate.

There are least a hundred more in this grade coming down the pike in the next couple of years.

That's quite a bold statement. It's one thing to say that there must be a few more 9.8 candidates out there, but a hundred more? And in the next couple of years?

If this is not just rampant speculation, please elaborate.

Definitely more 9.8s (and maybe even higher) will surface, but I'm skeptical about "hundreds" appearing. What really sets this book apart, though, is the fantastic QP (the white pages don't hurt either). Not so easy to find in a BA book, as I've begun to notice since getting indoctrinated by these Boards. There must have been some serious quality control issues at Marvel in the 1970s, because it sometimes seems like miswraps and crooked covers seem to outnumber well centered and straight covers.

because it sometimes seems like miswraps and crooked covers seem to outnumber well centered and straight covers.

In the copies that are out there for sale yes. Just logical.

So you're implying that all the perfectly centered books are being locked away? I might believe it looking only at high grade copies, but if you look at ALL the available copies, from GD to NM/MT, you'll find that most are off-center, even by a small margin.