• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Got Some Great News from CGC...

114 posts in this topic

I agree. That's one of the nicest 129's I've seen. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Holy SH|T!

Spider-man%20%23129.jpg

... what's with the blunted top left corner?!

Is that a spine stress in the middle of the spine by the gun holster? If not, what is the faint white line there? If it is a spine stress, then I see at least 3 on the book. Which is weird, because CGC would never let 3 spine stresses slip by on a 9.8....right? confused.gif

Here's the 122 --> Spidey 122 - CGC 9.8 - White Pages

Here's the 129 --> Spidey 129 - CGC 9.8 White Pages

Still haven't received the scan for the 135 CGC 9.9 yet! 893whatthe.gif

Just saw these books since I haven't been on the Bronze forum for awhile now.

Doesn't this just blow the theory that you need to preserve your books in expensive Mylar bags and acid-free backing boards in order to maintain their high grade condition. Just imagine, you can get still get white page 9.8's and 9.9's after 30 years by just leaving your books in oily deteriorating poly bags. 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifgossip.gif

Here's the 122 --> Spidey 122 - CGC 9.8 - White Pages

Here's the 129 --> Spidey 129 - CGC 9.8 White Pages

Still haven't received the scan for the 135 CGC 9.9 yet! 893whatthe.gif

Just saw these books since I haven't been on the Bronze forum for awhile now.

Doesn't this just blow the theory that you need to preserve your books in expensive Mylar bags and acid-free backing boards in order to maintain their high grade condition. Just imagine, you can get still get white page 9.8's and 9.9's after 30 years by just leaving your books in oily deteriorating poly bags. 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifgossip.gif

I think that the non-acid-free back boards pose more of a problem than the polybags do. Environmental storage conditions are also more important than using polybags vs. mylar, although I still think that mylar is the way to go for maximum archival protection.

Plus your secret ingredient - RARIFIED AIR. Sorry Scott, but I just saw National Treasure and when they bust into Cage's place and there's the Lab set up to look at the Declaration of Independence I 893scratchchin-thumb.gif so thats how FFB stores his books.