• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Second time is a Charm....

45 posts in this topic

I'll pinch hit. :D

I think he used to own this one.

kee1143a_zps18d256b5.jpg

I did indeed...

one of the differences you will see this go around is that probably 75-80% of the collection so far is "raw" and will remain that way...a few are slabbed for posterities sake or even value sake, but these books truly are meant to be savored...the interiors are the "meat" ...artists like Everett, Burgos, Ryan, Mills,

Gustavson, Brenner , Glanz, Lubbers, Filchock, Eisner, etc are some of the "founders" of the modern artists in comic books...

one of the differences you will see this go around is that probably 75-80% of the collection so far is "raw" and will remain that way...a few are slabbed for posterities sake or even value sake, but these books truly are meant to be savored...

(thumbs u

That's how I feel about the early Fox & DC interiors as well. I'd miss them inside slabs.

kee1143a_zps18d256b5.jpg

Joe Simon cover. :cloud9:

BTW rick, congratulations on your latest group purchase - you sir, are a machine.

Would love to make a other group purchase :baiting:

kee1143a_zps18d256b5.jpg

Joe Simon cover. :cloud9:

BTW rick, congratulations on your latest group purchase - you sir, are a machine.

Would love to make a other group purchase :baiting:

Ahem, get in line Gator :devil:

I'm sure that is a line I have been in longer than you ...I stepped out of line for a bit to use the facilities but i appreciate you saving my spot! No "cutsies" lol

While we are anxiously awaiting pics, here is another Mr. Gator used to own:

7bd0d0aa-4711-4912-b593-2d68300fce17_zps1120f27e.jpg

Indeed. I took a few photos yesterday !

Real issue is finding time to organize. But I will start posting some pics by Monday :wishluck:

While we are anxiously awaiting pics, here is another Mr. Gator used to own:

7bd0d0aa-4711-4912-b593-2d68300fce17_zps1120f27e.jpg

Beautiful copy but what is his right arm actually doing?

Good catch. Regarding the fella with the red-cross shirt, it does appear his right arm is backwards.

What percentage have you obtained thus far if you don't mind my asking?

First time I amassed 250 of 292 (I believe that is the number)

Right now I am about 50%. 140-150 (not 100% sure which is why I am going to organize. I have already found multiple duplicates lol )