• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM # 129

12 posts in this topic

PGM ASM # 129, no rips or tears, no soiling or stains, bright colors and off white pages, clean staples, no rust. The chipping along the edge and the upper right corner bring this one down. I've got a grade in mind, wont say what I think, because I don't want to influence anyone elses grading. What do you think?

TIA!

asm129front.jpg

asm129back.jpg

Significant rat chew off the upper right and significant chipping along two-thirds the front edge. Back looks clean, though? Odd.

A couple lengthy color-breaking creases on the front. Is that water damage across the "D" in Spider-Man? Also, significant spine tic alongside Punisher's thigh?

Simply too much accumulation of problems ... personally, I'd say 1.5 IMHO.

Wow, harsh grade bro! Yeah, the chipping and rat chew as you call it really brings it down. There is no water damage whatsoever. Click the pic and it will take you to my photobucket and you can see a larger pic. I was thinking about selling it off to get some money for Christmas, but if the consensus if less than 2.0 I'll just keep it. Thanks for your opinion, I'm great at grading other peoples books, just not my own. lol.

Significant rat chew off the upper right and significant chipping along two-thirds the front edge. Back looks clean, though? Odd.

A couple lengthy color-breaking creases on the front. Is that water damage across the "D" in Spider-Man? Also, significant spine tic alongside Punisher's thigh?

Simply too much accumulation of problems ... personally, I'd say 1.5 IMHO.

I think you mean 4.5?

It's a 4.0/5 all day. Nice book.

Thanks for all the opinions, very much appreciated! I agree that it is a hard book to grade, lots of defects, but still has a lot of appeal imho. Holding the book in my hands I was thinking it is a solid 3.5 maybe 4.0 but I would not grade it higher than that. I didn't even know I had this book, it was in a long box that I picked up last year and am just now going through. There are a few other keys in there that I might sell instead and keep this one. Thanks again for everyone's input.