• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess The Grade ASM 1

33 posts in this topic

Book arrived safely. I just was wondering people's thoughts on the grade. I'm happy either way more just happy to get one again. I do think a press could bump up a half grade maybe more more. Helps others tune up grading skills too.

image_zps7cdebb6f.jpg

Graders notes: back cover small multiple piece out. Right center front cover medium tear with crease breaks color. Bottom spine medium heavy spine split spine multiple tear

I claim 2.0 first. Well, I sold him the book so there's that. But here's where I had it for sale raw and graded it a 2.0 so there. Having the book in hand helps too.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=256075&Number=5627479#Post5627479

Thought this was a text book 2.0 as well but a really strong one with none of the distracting flaws like heavy chipping, a popped staple, tape stains etc. Just a great 2.0 with only a slight possibility of getting higher but having a floor at 2.0 for sure.

Ed

This book would be a great candidate for pressing. That back cover has some 3D creases that should be flattened.

I'm 99% sure it would be bumped up to a 2.5 with a slight chance at a 3.0.

The "value" you would achieve in the "bump in grade" would more than pay for the press & resub. Give it a shot.

Ask Joey what his opinion is.