• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the hell? Batman #608 ...over $300???

31 posts in this topic

$325 today, $25 next year.

"There's a sucker born every minute." -- PT Barnum

"There's a sucker born every minute and you just happened to come along at the right time." -- Tom Waits

If you think that's high, just wait until the SLABBED copies start showing up!

That book has already sold as high as $591 RAW according to Wizard (hey, I read it for the articles, oh wait, that's another magazine...)

Gene

Guys, I've been following this one closely - the first one sold for $640 over Thanksgiving weekend. Suppossedly there were 100 given to the creative team and another 100 given to super BSD retailers.

Personally, I would LOVE to have a copy of this book and I think I might have even bid around $200 for the first one that topped $600, but now once the top price was established this sucker is going to come down and hopefully I can pick one up next year for $50 grin.gif

DAM

What really gets me is that it is an experienced buyer plopping that kind of money on a raw copy with a tiny scan from a seller with ZERO feedback. I don't buy anything over a couple of bucks from someone with no feedback! And he wants only money orders or check on top of it all.

You guys are serious serious haters. Don't dis something when you don't know about it.

Here's the deal on this book. There were 200 copies of Batman 608 RRP Edition, 200 copies of Fables 6 RRP Edition, and 200 copies of Global Frequency 1 RRP Edition. They were made for the Burbank RRP conference that DC had and were ONLY given out there. The books have NOT been sold to the public.

For the Batman completist, this is a different item. Its the same as a variant cover, special cover printing, something like that. Over the past 30 days, there have been 9 sold on eBay, ranging in price from $295 to $530. There are 9 others on sale right now, with prices ranging from $170 to $405. The trend line on the prices is rising. I have another one, and I wouldn't let it go for less than $500 right now.

I wasn't arguing about the price of the book (although I think it is insane for what amounts to a cover variant of an otherwise easy book to find that is only going to be an important issue for a few months)... I was slamming the transaction more because of the tiny scan, zero feedback seller, etc

If I had the money, I would do that Donut. I think that in years to come Batman 608 is going to be regarded as one of the defining books of the time for DC. This all star combo of Lee / Loeb is a huge victory not only for Batman, but for DC comics.

But for $500 you can also get a complete run of Batman 400-611 or a few keys (eg 232 in 9.6).

Great book nonetheless. . . .

BTW - Donut, I had heard that these bad boys were actually given out to the creative team as well - can you shed some light on this one?

DAM

There was even a Frylock! I liked Shake best. Its a shame they didnt have thier bald,fat neighbor (the guy with the pool). Reminds me of what Gman probably looks like. grin.gif

. I think that in years to come Batman 608 is going to be regarded as one of the defining books of the time for DC.

I wouldn't be so sure of that Dam. I think you are letting the current hype blind you to the truth. shocked.gifgrin.gif

Just for your own info, check back issue prices on Uncanny X-Men #248. This was Jim Lee's first work on X-Men, THE Jim Lee book. Was hot for a few years ater release, but not anymore.

Interest will cool big-time when he leaves Batman and the memory fades...........