• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is your predication in 2014?

70 posts in this topic

We already have seen books are hot while other books got derailed in 2013.

Which books will be hot in 2014?

Which books will you must have in your collection in 2014?

Which books will be declined in value dramatically in 2014?

Any book in any age and any category that doesn't matter.

Ambush Bug will appear in Batman vs. Superman (of course played by Joseph Gordon Levitt - why anyone else?), sending DC Comics Presents 52 to new sales heights. Maybe even bigger than Deadpool's 1st appearance.

Of course, there will be those who will hate the performance, because Ambush Bug was not the right color green.

Ambush Bug will appear in Batman vs. Superman (of course played by Joseph Gordon Levitt - why anyone else?), sending DC Comics Presents 52 to new sales heights. Maybe even bigger than Deadpool's 1st appearance.

Of course, there will be those who will hate the performance, because Ambush Bug was not the right color green.

lol

I'm a huge fan of Neal Adams Batman and Detective Comics Books. Personally, I found a new love for DC. Most of the major Marvel keys and minor keys are overhyped, while high grade DC comics lie dormant. The only thing to get me back into collecting high grade comic books this year were DC books due to the over glut of supply of high grade Marvels.

I actually removed books from my want list late this past year because I kept seeing them everywhere I went. One of these books was Captain America #100 and another was Fantastic Four #48. I am by no means suggesting that I may not want to own these books at some point, but what is the fun in wanting books that I can easily buy at almost any comic book auction or from any dealer I know?

Availability in the collectibles realm has its share of flaws; hence why speculation on a lot of these kinds of books is a bad idea in my opinion.

I'm a huge fan of Neal Adams Batman and Detective Comics Books. Personally, I found a new love for DC. Most of the major Marvel keys and minor keys are overhyped, while high grade DC comics lie dormant. The only thing to get me back into collecting high grade comic books this year were DC books due to the over glut of supply of high grade Marvels.

I actually removed books from my want list late this past year because I kept seeing them everywhere I went. One of these books was Captain America #100 and another was Fantastic Four #48. I am by no means suggesting that I may not want to own these books at some point, but what is the fun in wanting books that I can easily buy at almost any comic book auction or from any dealer I know?

Availability in the collectibles realm has its share of flaws; hence why speculation on a lot of these kinds of books is a bad idea in my opinion.

This is a fun fact only.

A major character will come back/die, or change his or her race/religion/sexual orientation. The news will cover the story for a day, hype will die down in a month. Many unsold comics featuring said event will sit unsold on eBay until the end of time.

Iron Man #1 9.8 and hopefully a Silver Surfer #1 9.8 for 2014

I've been trying to find a SS1 in 9.8 white for a long time...

I won't mind a OWW copy. Has to be nicely centered though.

Unfortunately in 2014 the long-dormant Yellowstone supervolcano will erupt. This will result in a massive explosion destroying a portion of the West outright, but resulting in earthquakes worldwide, the re-routing of the Mississippi River, and thousands of out-of-control fires. The ash will travel around the planet creating the equivalent of a nuclear winter, choking off sunlight and oxygen. In 3 months 90% of all life on Earth will have been extinguished.

But even this most horrible of tragedies does have a silver lining. Just like many other things, a huge number of the copies of Major Inapak will be destroyed due to various calamities. What is now a difficult sell at $5, will, for extant now-scarce copies after the eruption, drive prices rapidly upward to a predicted range of $37.50 - $50.00 for unscorched high-grades. The clever forward-looking investor should be able to pocket himself a nearly 10-fold profit in less than a year! (thumbs u

Iron Man #1 9.8 and hopefully a Silver Surfer #1 9.8 for 2014

I've been trying to find a SS1 in 9.8 white for a long time...

I won't mind a OWW copy. Has to be nicely centered though.

Isn't there a mutant one out there somewhere?

Indeed, and to top it off I believe it's the only WP copy so far :(

A major character will come back/die, or change his or her race/religion/sexual orientation. The news will cover the story for a day, hype will die down in a month. Many unsold comics featuring said event will sit unsold on eBay until the end of time.

What's about Scott Snyder the writer?

What's about the combo team of Neal Adams and Dennis O'Neil?

What's about Tony Moore and Robert Kirkman?

It depends on the book what characters they wrote.

What's about Scott Snyder the writer?

What's about the combo team of Neal Adams and Dennis O'Neil?

What's about Tony Moore and Robert Kirkman?

It depends on the book what characters they wrote.

I never said there wouldn't be good things happening in comics in 2014. But, what kind of comic book fan posting on an internet forum would I be if I didn't harp on the negative?

:jokealert: