• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Superman MOS #18

8 posts in this topic

I picked this up on CL for $2 along with some other very nice books. I did not have a copy of this book and wanted to get one for my Doomsday/Death of Superman run. The book lies totally flat. Spine and staples are tight. There is one spine stress that does not break colour. What shows up on the scan beneath the lower staple in the second patch of black from the bottom on the front cover cannot be seen in hand. (I really have no idea what it is on the scan???) There are no hidden defects. The interior is complete and the pages are white. Your thoughts and comments are welcomed and appreciated. Links to High Res Scans are below each image. Many thanks!

Superman MOS #18 Front Cover

uBbqRY4.jpg

Link to High Res Scan Superman MOS #18 Front Cover

Superman MOS #18 Front Cover High Res

Superman MOS #18 Back Cover

no9Y7h6.jpg

Link to High Res Scan Superman MOS #18 Back Cover

Superman MOS #18 Back Cover High Res

Get that spine tick on the BC pressed out and it's prob a 9.4

On the FC right above the credits box, in the black section, there's a color breaking spine tick. i zoomed in on the high rez, and that doesn't look like an artifact from the scanner.

But if it is a mirage, and can't be seen in hand, then I think it's a 9.6 once pressed.

BTW, the brief and only time I read Superman, these MOS issues, because I love Louise Simonson and Jon Bogdanove. It didn’t last much, but I think I kept a single issue from that story (what a silly idea to commercialize the "death" of a character – and obviously Marvel followed a–plenty… :sick:

I picked this up on CL for $2 along with some other very nice books.

Considering the recent popularity of this book, I am shocked :o that you were able to pick up a copy for $2 (thumbs u

Oh, and for those of you above using the word "tick" - its use should be used to describe something 1-2mm - any more than that it's a crease, not a tick :sumo: