• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

This is going to be origins wolverine for the x series.

Spiderman 3

Iron man 3

Ect

Not going to waste money in the theater

I'll wait for the reviews.

There is too high a bar set to be blowing good money on a POS no matter how good it looks.

(thumbs u

Spiderman 3

Iron man 3

Ect

You didn't feel like X3 did it for the X-men franchise? I loved the first 2...the 3rd is a bit painful to watch.

Not saying that Origins was good, just saying the franchise hit a speedbump before getting to it.

Spiderman 3

Iron man 3

Ect

You didn't feel like X3 did it for the X-men franchise? I loved the first 2...the 3rd is a bit painful to watch.

Not saying that Origins was good, just saying the franchise hit a speedbump before getting to it.

You're completely right. 3 was horrible. They are doing to apocalypse what they did to juggernaut in 3

I love the Juggernaut character. That was a really poor version of him in X3. :sick:

You're completely right. 3 was horrible. They are doing to apocalypse what they did to juggernaut in 3

I think you are reacting too soon before any reviews come out (and charts ;) ).

X-Men 3 definitely missed the mark. Though it had some interesting scenes at certain points.

Apocalypse doesn't feel like X-Men 3 or X-Men Origins: Wolverine at all to me. It feels like it has a story, it has interesting characters, and alliances though questionable at first will most probably be explained once we have a full movie to review.

But so far I can tell from your posts this movie isn't doing it for you. Not yet, anyway.

Screw that. I can tell from the trailers they want to make a buck and immolate what characters they can squeeze into frame. Psylocke did not come about because of apocalypse. We have no history for Angel or Havok. Why the heck would Storm of all xmen consider siding with apocalypse?

See it for what it is, a ploy to get around other studios making great movies to try to throw in something. The rights for apocalypse went to the wrong studio....

They took an awesome opportunity to make a trilogy and introduce some of the best xmen elements, like sinister, phalanx and the like and instead opted the micheal Bay approach to movie making.

I see this as being an epic fail and a huge set back for further xmen films

I see this as being an epic fail and a huge set back for further xmen films

Maybe. Maybe not. This may even never work for you as a movie, but others are really going to take to it. We'll see.

For me, it's working so far now that we are clear Apocalypse looks much different than the early photo.