• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Hopefully this one will be exciting. :)

I thought that last trailer was quite interesting. Especially now that Apocalypse's true voice is revealed.

I enjoyed the voice. It's neat.

However, "interesting" is different than "exciting." :)

Get ready to cry.

:(

LEAKED? 'En Sabah Nur''s Final Form In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Is Much Closer To The Comic Books

Due to the excitement you experience after seeing this.

MNn6upU.jpg

Universo X-Men have managed to get their hands on some photos from Monsterpalooza, and as you can see, among the props is a centrepiece which appears to give us a look at En Sabah Nur's final form in X-Men: Apocalypse. There's obviously a chance that this is a piece of merchandise related to the comic books, but it's worth noting that it's surrounded entirely by props which come from movies.

This doesn't look an awful lot like Oscar Isaac, but it's possible that the villain (who bear in mind is seemingly just possessing the body of whoever Isaac is playing when that mystical looking transfer from the trailers takes place) ends up taking on this final form when his powers reach a certain level.

:whee::whee::whee:

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE...

We'll see. Ever since they revealed the Apocalypse true transformation rather than what came out originally, I have found this to be more interesting.

This trailer revealed:

- Quicksilver knows Magneto is his father now

- It hints at Kurt Wagner knowing who Mystique is (mom?)

- Mystique is leading the team in place of Charles, revealing her thinking and approach

So not just about the action itself, but more on character development.

:wishluck:

Not sure I like so much focus on Jennifer Lawrence. I liked her in the last one, but for some reason she seems to be wearing thin. Coming across a bit hammy and preachy. The X-Men movies have often walked a thin line on the overdramic.

I'm keeping my figures crossed. DoFP was great work, hopefully this will continue.

Edited by Rip

Not sure I like so much focus on Jennifer Lawrence. I liked her in the last one, but for some reason she seems to be wearing thin. Coming across a bit hammy and preachy. The X-Men movies have often walked a thin line on the overdramic.

I'm keeping my figures crossed. DoFP was great work, hopefully this will continue.

There is something about her in the role that distracts me. I couldn't put my finger on it with Days of Future Past. And I still can't with the Apocalypse trailers.

When the role was filled by Rebecca Romijn, there was something about her portrayal and voice that made the character come across more -dangerous, fierce and feral.

Jennifer Lawrence, for me, doesn't come across 100% committed to the character. But again, I just can't figure it out why that comes across.

There is something about her in the role that distracts me. I couldn't put my finger on it with Days of Future Past. And I still can't with the Apocalypse trailers.

When the role was filled by Rebecca Romijn, there was something about her portrayal and voice that made the character come across more -dangerous, fierce and feral.

Jennifer Lawrence, for me, doesn't come across 100% committed to the character. But again, I just can't figure it out why that comes across.

I'm sure its about acting choices or not, but the Romaine Mystique was supposed to be older and more jaded, and probably more of a seasoned assassin. The Lawrence Mystique IS probably less committed and unsure of herself, thinking she's doing the right thing, but still not too sure if the ends justify the means.

I LIKE the lettuce mystique more, but I'm not sure its about the acting or the actress involved, maybe just the version that generally matches the comic more.