• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Non-blue Archangel makes me sad. But I guess they've already got like 4 blue people in this movie.

Wait, was that racist? I really actually don't even know.

Wait to hurt some feelings.

38ykB4f.png

:baiting:

In a new commercial for Sky's fibre optic broadband, Quicksilver (Evan Peters) takes centre stage along with several other X-Men: Apocalypse cast members as he impresses a girl with his speedy skill set.

:applause:

Cinemacon 2016: 20th Century Fox peek at X-Men: Apocalypse

With two trailers in the bag already, X-MEN: APOCALYPSE has been hard at work selling a film that lives up to its title, but what's been lacking is a genuine excitement for the upcoming sequel in its marketing.

That changed with the Cinemacon trailer, as the music, editing, and additional footage helped give it an energy and pulse that has been lacking thus far. The extra footage shows off a bit more action, including more from Olivia Munn's Psylocke, who is quickly becoming my most-anticipated character to see kick some on the big screen.

In addition, there was quite a bit more of Oscar Isaac's Apocalypse and it's obvious the tinkering of his appearance and voice since the outcry after he was first revealed has helped push the studio to shape him into a cool-looking (and sounding) villain. There's also more Mystique, as played by Jennifer Lawrence. I'm still a little concerned that it may be too much, but we'll see how it all takes shape when it finally hits next month.

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE drops on May 27th, 2016.

:facepalm:

Well too late to turn back now, just get it out there already. It does what it does, then you can focus on the debacle and learn from your mistakes...oh wait, it's Fox...

Man, Fox has put out some majorly awesome films. Alien, Predator comes to mind. Why do they feel the need to tinker with everything? They were pretty upset with Ridley Scott and HR Giger when they were making Alien, but he stood his ground, and thank god. It's a freaking masterpiece.

Too many chiefs on this one....

Next X-Men Movie After Apocalypse Rumored To Be Dark Phoenix

Not content to let one adaptation of a classic storyline be the end of the conversation, X-Men producers are reportedly mulling The Dark Phoenix Saga as a potential follow-up to X-Men: Apocalypse.

Rumors have swirled that Dark Phoenix could be the next X-Men film, but now Heroic Hollywood is saying they're hearing it from studio sources, rather than just internet chatter. Earlier this month, producers had indicated that they were at least interested in using elements of the story.

Next X-Men Movie After Apocalypse Rumored To Be Dark Phoenix

Not content to let one adaptation of a classic storyline be the end of the conversation, X-Men producers are reportedly mulling The Dark Phoenix Saga as a potential follow-up to X-Men: Apocalypse.

Rumors have swirled that Dark Phoenix could be the next X-Men film, but now Heroic Hollywood is saying they're hearing it from studio sources, rather than just internet chatter. Earlier this month, producers had indicated that they were at least interested in using elements of the story.

:wishluck: That would be an awesome movie!

Its really the next logical step. Not sure they should jump right into it though, need to re establish relationships with main characters and actually sit down and think about where they want to head.

With Avengers, Iron Man, Thor and Incredible Hulk, they at least had the Infinity Gauntlet to tie it together.

With Xmen they could have used a lot of different storylines (With days of future past being separate and done well as a stand alone movie)

Age of Apocalypse comes to mind, Phalanx Convent, Inferno, Fatal Attractions would have been a great turning point to hand the torch off to take a new direction for example.

Then tie in Deadpool with Xtinction agenda, bring in Bastion and Onslaught.

Hell, build up Colossus and Magik only to have the legacy virus released and move into Fatal Attractions to show how he lost faith in Charles and the X men. Show Wolverine`s biggest beat down by the real Magneto.

Then there is Wolverine. I admit, Hugh Jackman has made the character very watchable, and likeable. But that`s the problem. Wolverine is hardly likeable, even to himself. Original anti-hero. I`d love to see Liev Schriber take up the Sabertooth mantle again, and this time do the proper Wolverine/Sabertooth match up. Somewhere along the lines of Wolverine issue 90 I think it was, where Wolverine ends his torment at Sabertooths hands by putting a claw in his brain. THAT`s Wolverine.

Then there is Cyber. The only being on the planet that Wolverine had ever admitted to fearing. I honestly cannot believe how many Wolverine fans that have neither read nor know about MCP 85-92. Cyber has to be one of the most badass villains to date. Quite one dimensional, I admit, but the most visceral Wolverine has ever had to face. The comics should have left Cyber dead on Cable`s son`s floor. I haven`t read anything about him past Wolverine 100. Kinda pointless. But there again, we haven`t had the real origin between Wolvie and Cyber either....would be a epic thing.

X-Men: Apocalypse Viral Marketing Tracks Apocalypse's History

Twentieth Century Fox kicked off the viral marketing campaign for X-Men: Apocalypse with a video that treated the first mutant as the subject of TV documentary similar to Leonard Nimoy's In Search Of.... Now the studio has pushed that marketing theme further, releasing Apocalypse’s historical timeline, and showing the effect he’s had on history.

xmentimelinehourglass-final-jpg-6960581106-179368.jpg

:ohnoez:

X-Men: Apocalypse's Tye Sheridan Praises James Marsden's Cyclops

“First off, it’s such an honor to play a younger version of James Marsden and it’s going to be hard to live up to what he created in the X-Men universe,” Sheridan told Den of Geek. “What’s nice about this X-Men is that it’s very much an origin story for everyone; it is all their beginnings, so it doesn’t exactly have to sync up with where we last saw these characters chronologically and who they are to us now.”

He then talks about how Cyclops (Scott Summers) story arc plays out in X-Men: Apocalypse. “It’s fun to play with that arc, and what is fun about my character in this film is it starts off with him being a mutant that hasn’t discovered his super powers,” he explained. “And then he discovers them and is this kind of weirdo at school, and his brother Havok introduces him to Professor X at his school for mutants. It’s not until then that he feels that he actually has a place that he feels normal and that there are people just like him at the school. He’s got to quickly get control of his super powers and help the X-Men [fight Apocalypse] at the end of the movie.”