• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

Confessions of a nerd...

I actually had a dream last night that I saw the new X-Men film. The premise was that Apocalypse had pretty much taken over the world, and had enslaved every known mutant on a large and inescapable island, which was marshaled by...humans. Mutants were forced to live in underground sewer like tunnels, were constantly experimented on, and had very few privileges.

They had taken advantage of the fact that Beast seems to evolve much more rapidly than most other mutants. They strapped him in some weird machine which made him evolve to the point where he could no longer evolve. The end result was an evil robot that was practically indestructible, and didn't even resemble what Beast used to look like. This robot/Beast was then used as the Apocalypse's ultimate horseman, and saw to it that every mutant worshiped Apocalypse.

Most of this dream followed Cyclops around the island, trying to escape, in which I think he did.

Then I woke up. lol

I actually had my first comic related dream last night! I dreamt I went bowling with Cable. He wasn't very good (about the same as me).

The rumor is it is Angel.

Ben Hardy Joins The Cast Of X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

-------------------

Well that seems to be a mystery for now, and the only other details we have on the character is that he's "significant to the X-Men universe." The Wrap does also report that he was at one time rumored to be up for Warren Worthington/Angel (so that may at least confirm the winged mutant's appearance in the movie) but that insiders now say it's another "key role" that's being kept under wraps.

-------------------

It makes sense for him to be Angel/Archangel and for that role to be under wraps. As soon as it is announced that he will be Archangel, we will already know what a decent part of this movie is about. Bad enough that we are already heavily speculating on it, the internet will spoil it for "normal" folks by explaining who and what Archangel is.

Evan Peters Talks 'Quicksilver', Gives Thoughts On 'Age Of Ultron'

-------------------

"I always wanted to play someone with a superpower, specifically an X-Man because I loved the movies so much as a kid. And I think it's really cool to play one of the fastest people in the world. It's a really cool superpower to have. So I'm pretty happy to have it."

-------------------

I thought this was a level-headed answer that avoids any competition between two friends.

-------------------

Peters was also asked on his thoughts about Quicksilver's upcoming appearance in "Age of Ultron", played by former "Kick-" castmate Aaron Taylor-Johnson. "I can't wait to see that movie! I'm a big fan of those movies and a big fan of Aaron's so I'm excited to see it!"

-------------------