• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Factor 5 & 6

254 posts in this topic

I love reading stuff like this! Thanks for sharing

I had always assumed Jackson Guice had drawn over the original page to work Apocalypse into the story instead of Owl. So going back and looking this material up reminded me it was a new sketch.

During the Deadpool movie trailers, the audience seemed to react positive to X-Men Apocalypse. But I heard a few people ask 'Who is he' near the end.

Maybe it's time for Fox to bring back a few of these X-Men Animated shows very soon. Unfortunately, Marvel won't push for this with its X-Men Evolution episode that told of his origin quite nicely.

:whee:

Does anyone know what X-Factor 6 in cgc 9.8 was selling for prior to the movie hype - ie. In 2012/2013? I want to pick up a copy of this book eventually I just don't want to pay an overly hyped price.

So I guess the better question is - in 2014 GPA averages were at $326 for a 9.8 while the current 90 day average puts it at $279. How much lower will it go post movie?

I bought a 9.8 #6 about a year before movie hype for $75 (and #5 for $35).
Wanna sell both for $120?

I'll do $150 for the set :)

SO I am getting the sense to give it several more months before purchasing both - not that they will drop to pre-hype levels, but perhaps #6 will be below $200 for a 9.8

Even at normal prices, I hadn't found a 9.8 under $200 in a few years. They are actually selling cheaper now than 4 or 5 years ago.

the market is fickle. I guess supply has outpaced demand. I think 1st apps of modern villains seem to have ceilings. Doomsday didn't really pop either leading into the movie (I actually think it dipped). I'm not going to try to compare to older villains like Loki, Ultron, Lex Luthor Mandarin, beacuase those villains are much older with very view 9.8's available.

And as cool as most nerds think it will be to see Apoc on the screen, I don't think he'll have the same mass appeal as Magneto or Loki or the Winter Soldier.