• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ask Mitch

127 posts in this topic

Mitch - what would you say is the minimum time for a seller to ship out an order?

I am glad you brought that up.

I can remember buying ultra high grade copies of Dr. Death pulps #1-3 in the late late 70's. I waited and waited for them go get there. After a month, I called the guy and he claimed they were retuned to him. yea..right. I finally got them 60 months.

Well that is why I got involved, I had the same thing happen to me and after I made SURE what actually happened, I got pro active to try to help

So the minimum amount of time is...?

it depends on what you are buying and how big the order is. In BLB case, he had to gather 314 separate items.

So let's see..over 60 months that would be "gathering" one a week?

Yeah, especially since Beerbong sold a few on them on e-bay. :tonofbricks:

Mitch - what would you say is the minimum time for a seller to ship out an order?

I am glad you brought that up.

I can remember buying ultra high grade copies of Dr. Death pulps #1-3 in the late late 70's. I waited and waited for them go get there. After a month, I called the guy and he claimed they were retuned to him. yea..right. I finally got them 60 months.

Well that is why I got involved, I had the same thing happen to me and after I made SURE what actually happened, I got pro active to try to help

So the minimum amount of time is...?

it depends on what you are buying and how big the order is. In BLB case, he had to gather 314 separate items.

So let's see..over 60 months that would be "gathering" one a week?

Yeah, especially since Beerbong sold a few on them on e-bay. :tonofbricks:

:o

Dear Mitch:

How do you feel about the new king of comics announcement?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7234546#Post7234546

that was, what 1992 or something, please tell the "young man" to remind himself that I was crowned in a ceremony in 1973…….

Imitation is best way to confirm the truth….…

Dear Mitch:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7234546#Post7234546

that was, what 1992 or something, please tell the "young man" to remind himself that I was crowned in a ceremony in 1973…….

lol You actually had me going for a second!

Dear Mitch:

A neighborhood kid called me the KING OF COMICS back in 1969, so I suppose I trump you then!

:acclaim:

Dear Mitch:

A neighborhood kid called me the KING OF COMICS back in 1969, so I suppose I trump you then!

:acclaim:

I had the name Cat back in 1969 when I attended my first convention in Houston. I'm still known as Cat today, so by virtue of that I suppose I'm the King of Cats. smiley-cool14.gif

Mitch,

I have to go to this party / get together later. I grew up with the guy's wife and many of my friends will be there but her husband who is throwing it acts like a total every time to everyone pontificating his views on the market, religion, politics and minority groups. It is not a matter of "if" he becomes obnoxious but "when". How long do I need to stay in order to fulfill my social obligations?

Buzzetta

Any type of collectAble hobby is fine with me, keeps the kids out of trouble and from the "boy" next door. There are so many negitive ways she could go... This seems very safe and sane. Bronies.... They are " my little pony". Collectors have been featured on Howard Stern for you information. But according to the interviews they seem to be older people so I would steer her away from that.

Mitch,

I have to go to this party / get together later. I grew up with the guy's wife and many of my friends will be there but her husband who is throwing it acts like a total every time to everyone pontificating his views on the market, religion, politics and minority groups. It is not a matter of "if" he becomes obnoxious but "when". How long do I need to stay in order to fulfill my social obligations?

Buzzetta

I know you asked Mitch, but here's my take: as soon as you feel the uncontrollable desire to punch him in the , it is time to go, social obligation or no.

:)

-slym

Any type of collectAble hobby is fine with me, keeps the kids out of trouble and from the "boy" next door. There are so many negitive ways she could go... This seems very safe and sane. Bronies.... They are " my little pony". Collectors have been featured on Howard Stern for you information. But according to the interviews they seem to be older people so I would steer her away from that.

The word "collectIble" is accepted, the same as "collectAble."

If that is why you decided to capitalize that letter, anyway.

-slym

Mitch,

Buzzetta

I would stay to the boze and food run out....the good stuff and then split

Or they could take up singing instead.

The word "collectIble" is accepted, the same as "collectAble."

If that is why you decided to capitalize that letter, anyway.

-slym

Personally, I dislike it spelled with an "a". It makes the suffix meaningless. A collectible is something that can be collected. Collectable is one who is able to collect. Objects should be collectible, people should be collectable.