• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Indiana Jones from Disney?

11 posts in this topic

Young Indiana Jones.

Who would you want to cast for the role?

Shia Labeouf is a no for me. Didn't care for his character in the last one. They intended for him to take over the franchise :facepalm:

Which showed a real weakness in the "casting Sixth Sense" they had when the got Sean Connery for The Last Crusade. Should have went with a total unknown that would have made the role their own. But, the writing for his character was pretty bad to begin with. My 2c

Young Indiana Jones.

Who would you want to cast for the role?

Shia Labeouf is a no for me. Didn't care for his character in the last one. They intended for him to take over the franchise :facepalm:

Which showed a real weakness in the "casting Sixth Sense" they had when the got Sean Connery for The Last Crusade. Should have went with a total unknown that would have made the role their own. But, the writing for his character was pretty bad to begin with. My 2c

+1

Never should've went with the punk kid role always combing his hair etc.

Shia pissed off too many of the big shots involved with The last Indy film. Even though Disney may have the rights I would imagine Steven would still have some input or at least use his power to squash any future. Plus Shia claimed he's done with big budget films. There was on story that I felt was actually pretty decent. It involved Indy and the Fountain of Youth. He falls in and the younger actor who would take over emerges. I know there were talks of Indy being in later decades but I honesty think people prefer him in the 30's/40's and even if people claim e fights too many Nazi's, those always turn out to be the best adversaries.

It has been rumored the deal Harrison Ford made with Disney was he would star in the next Star Wars franchise if they made another Indiana Jones movie within 3 to 5 years. Probably why Disney bought the marketing and distribution rights from Paramount. Looks like the rumors are true.