• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF1 or Showcase 4...which is in 2nd place in the SA?

156 posts in this topic

Exactly, Roy...I just realize I've expended a lot of time and effort trying to answer my interpretration of the OP's question. Still, it has been an entertaining and informative thread, and I did learn something new.

Yup. It's the same problem I always have with these debates. It's hard to look back into history, especially when there is no real documentation in our conversations and try to explain what happened back in '56 or '61

I suppose if someone had some sales numbers of books over the '55-'62 years, that might help understand what was actually happening at the time along with the first hand accounts.

But doesn't any beginning start with the earlier result? In this case, S4. (shrug)

Exactly, Roy...I just realize I've expended a lot of time and effort trying to answer my interpretration of the OP's question. Still, it has been an entertaining and informative thread, and I did learn something new.

Yup. It's the same problem I always have with these debates. It's hard to look back into history, especially when there is no real documentation in our conversations and try to explain what happened back in '56 or '61

I suppose if someone had some sales numbers of books over the '55-'62 years, that might help understand what was actually happening at the time along with the first hand accounts.

But doesn't any beginning start with the earlier result? In this case, S4. (shrug)

Tec 225 :gossip:

I don't have much of a collection any more. It's a book I picked up for resale, and literally had a long line of buyers for before it even arrived.

It went to a customer of mine.

(thumbs u

I don't have much of a collection any more. It's a book I picked up for resale, and literally had a long line of buyers for before it even arrived.

It went to a customer of mine.

(thumbs u

That's very cool :applause:

I couldn't afford a book like that but having it even for a day would be nice.

Appreciate you sharing it with us.

Do this...

Ask any grade school kid to name superheroes and I can bet that Flash nor any member of FF come up.

You will hear:

Superman

Batman

Iron Man

Hulk

Spider-man

Thor (maybe)

Like it or not these are the kids who will be relieving you of your collections....

Good list.

I would remove Superman and Thor, and add Wolverine/X-Men

absolutely agreed.

Kids love Wolverine and the X-men...

for some reason it hits a chord with children there are 'students' at Xaviers school.

Even right now as Mickey Joe Mouse is trying to kill the X-men, they just get more popular.

Its because X-men are outcast, mutants, ethnically diverse, faced with varying social and political themes, even the Xmens leader is crippled but awesome.

its more real.

guys, just because Mickey Joe Mouse isnt spoon feeding us good X-titles right now, just because mickey joe mouse refuses to make a legitimate Harry Potter style Xaviers school cartoon, doesnt mean X-men are forgotten.

There hasnt been x-men cartoon in years because it will instantly capture the hearts and minds of millions of children around the world, instantly killing mickey joe mouses hopes of a Disney buy out of Xmen from Fox..

Do this...

Ask any grade school kid to name superheroes and I can bet that Flash nor any member of FF come up.

You will hear:

Superman

Batman

Iron Man

Hulk

Spider-man

Thor (maybe)

Like it or not these are the kids who will be relieving you of your collections....

Good list.

I would remove Superman and Thor, and add Wolverine/X-Men

absolutely agreed.

Kids love Wolverine and the X-men...

for some reason it hits a chord with children there are 'students' at Xaviers school.

Even right now as Mickey Joe Mouse is trying to kill the X-men, they just get more popular.

Its because X-men are outcast, mutants, ethnically diverse, faced with varying social and political themes, even the Xmens leader is crippled but awesome.

its more real.

guys, just because Mickey Joe Mouse isnt spoon feeding us good X-titles right now, just because mickey joe mouse refuses to make a legitimate Harry Potter style Xaviers school cartoon, doesnt mean X-men are forgotten.

There hasnt been x-men cartoon in years because it will instantly capture the hearts and minds of millions of children around the world, instantly killing mickey joe mouses hopes of a Disney buy out of Xmen from Fox..

I think I understand what you are saying, but it is really really hard…

Don't forget TMNT and Archie!

Also, Happy Holidays!

If we're talking about importance, Showcase 4 > Fantastic Four 1 > Amazing Fantasy 15. Showcase 4 got the ball rolling for the Second Heroic Age and Fantastic Four 1 kicked off Stan Lee's Marvel Universe. Granted, Amazing Fantasy 15 is currently far and away the most popular comic of the three but that's not the same thing as the most important of the three.

:preach:

Yep.