• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics That Didn't Live Up To The "Pre" Hyping

54 posts in this topic

The Sentry.

Long lost Stan Lee character from the Silver Age? Nope, just Joe Q lying to you, making up one of the worst ret-cons in Marvel history. What a horrible character.

A dime store Miracleman. :P

The Sentry.

Long lost Stan Lee character from the Silver Age? Nope, just Joe Q lying to you, making up one of the worst ret-cons in Marvel history. What a horrible character.

Wow. I just wiki'd that character and I am now more stupid for having read it.

The Sentry.

Wow. I just wiki'd that character and I am now more stupid for having read it.

lol

Marvel Star Trek 1

Superman: The Man of Steel 1 (Byrne reboot): Would you like some? I have 100s.

Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD (the squarebound): Came out the same day as Batman: The Dark Knight.

THIS

fdpurgatory.jpg

You thought based on the hype that a story about Frank Castle being turned into an angelic retribution machine with arcane guns and demons running around was going to be good?

Hey - Supernatural got 9 seasons out of it.

THIS

fdpurgatory.jpg

You thought based on the hype that a story about Frank Castle being turned into an angelic retribution machine with arcane guns and demons running around was going to be good?

Coming off of three canceled series in the mid 90's, I was willing to give a new take on the character a shot. Turns out it was only good for a squat.

THIS

fdpurgatory.jpg

Coming off of three canceled series in the mid 90's, I was willing to give a new take on the character a shot. Turns out it was only good for a squat.

So was I. I bought it, too. :) Found it to be worth the same squat.

The release schedule of Pitt and Battle Chasers destroyed my interest right out of the gate. The books weren't bad, but who wants to wait that long between issues. The delays were right away too.

The Byrne Spider-Man relaunch. :sick:

For me the Ultimate hype fail was Uncensored Mouse. It was supposed to be super provocative, but it wasn't.

I was looking through that comic at a show this morning. I'd never heard of it before today. It's odd that you'd mention it.

DG

I find it more disconcerting than odd.

Well, it was a two second glance wondering what it was. Perhaps you should not mention things that are going to upset you?

DG