• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Love an Rockets #1

16 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance, and apologies for my crappy scanner. It's not very large, so I've had to take a lot of the pics in sections. Hopefully I didn't miss any angles. Thanks again!

2n0oj68.jpg

2ef2vdg.jpg

ftll05.jpg

11ty6q9.jpg

jiglys.jpg

34rbo02.jpg

24guc03.jpg

334q9l2.jpg

Thanks guys! It was sold to me as a 9.4, but I wasn't sure how much the rubbing would affect the grade. Structurally it's very solid, very sound, but again, those rubs, I just wasn't sure. I appreciate the input. It's a great book, the best copy I've owned so far.

I don't think I'll be letting it go, Divad, but I appreciate your good taste! :)

jssilverjanet, I'd LOVE to see your OA. Los Bros are simply the best. All I've managed so far is a Luba sketch that I got from Beto at SDCC several years ago, but it is a life goal to own an original Xaime page at some point.

Thanks, with the scuffing I was actually thinking 8.5 myself. Appreciate the kind words, thanks for looking!

Were you watching the old Batman series when you took these angled pics. :baiting:

The book is structurally high grade, no doubt, but the scuffing is considerable on the surface and the edges. I personally would not go over 8.0 on this copy. Its not like theres a bit of a scuff here and there.

I ignored the scuffing but I guess I shouldn't have. 8-9 score wise then. I wasn't sure how CGC treated this book and if they were easy on it like TMNT #1.

The OA page hasn't been paid in full yet but it is a Xaime one (early LR) and I was also lucky enough to pick up a black and white #1 this year.

I've been debating opening a LR appreciation thread in copper, seems like there's more fans out there than I thought.

8.5 +/- depending on how one feels about color rubs.

While I can appreciate the artwork of Los Bros., and have a general fondness for 80s indy underground type stuff, I could never get on the the L&R bandwagon. (shrug)

I got dizzy and you should never post pics like that again.

8.0ish I would guess.

+1

After looking at the scans I felt like I just got off of the Raptor at Cedar Point with a good six pack in me.

Sorry for the dizziness, friends, no offense intended. Those pics were included in case the "whole" book scans accidentally cropped anything. Thanks for the input everyone!