• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apology

881 posts in this topic

Beige ! such a nice guy , here´s my first interaction with him : WTB thread

I wanted to buy a TOS 57 , someone wanted to sell me one and Beige and his friends making fun of me because i dind´t had the money to buy it.

He erased a comment full of insults and racist things , like "our Mexican friend doesn´t have the money" or something like that .. since i was new in that time i din,t knew i could report him.

:facepalm:

Cut from the other thread

:gossip:He hasn't got any money.

lol

:(

This is how we treat people and think it's funny around here? Publicly shame someone and laugh about their money status. Sounds like someone running a sound business model. :screwy:

What a POFS x2 :mad:

Not the type of people I would deal with,guess I'll just deal with the guys I trust around here.

Missed that thread. It's bad enough people are dirtbags but posting junk like that is just plain sad.

That WTB thread is actually hilarious.

Why would Beige and Columbia Comics both offer the same book at $250 and $300 over GPA? hm

Because a sucker is born every minute? (shrug)

There's a lot of sellers here on the boards who's average asking price is well over GPA - and they aren't interested in moving on pricing. Everyone is entitled to ask what they want - but laughing at someone who doesn't want to pay asking price is not cool.

I don't know if I would call everyone who pays over GPA a "sucker" - could be a guy who is sick of looking for a book, or doesn't want to around buying them on Ebay looking for a certain grade. But, if you're camping out on setting GPA records for sales, you have to know that your buyer may not come around immediately.

I'm not saying that anyone who pays over GPA is a sucker. I'm saying that asking that much over GPA to someone who is obviously new here really looks like those guys were fishing for a sucker.

That much seems clear.

This isn't a 10% over situation, or a situation where there are only old sales on GPA.

This is a wrist deep gouge situation.

I am less concerned about GPA and gouging. Everyone has access to Ebay, GPA, etc. Everyone also has the ability to decide what they want to pay using these tools or completely disregarding these tools.

Price it at 5x or 10x GPA? Knock yourself out.

This place, these boards, have the ability to hit sellers like Beige or Columbia Comics where it hurts which is the pocketbook. The key would be, you know, stop buying from people. Beige has proven repeatedly that his reputation as a slime ball is well earned.

Columbia Comics has also proven to be somebody that wouldn't get a rusty nickel out of me either between his previous thread and this one. I haven't even looked at the shilling accusations.

The lengths people will go to buy or sell comic books is beyond me. I don't need to be best buddies to buy a comic book from someone but I will be damned if I buy a comic book from a huckster, scumbag or a dismissive, arrogant jerk or a homophobic sociopath much less defend them or celebrate them.

Why would Beige and Columbia Comics both offer the same book at $250 and $300 over GPA? hm

There's a lot of sellers here on the boards who's average asking price is well over GPA - and they aren't interested in moving on pricing. Everyone is entitled to ask what they want - but laughing at someone who doesn't want to pay asking price is not cool.

I don't know if I would call everyone who pays over GPA a "sucker" - could be a guy who is sick of looking for a book, or doesn't want to around buying them on Ebay looking for a certain grade. But, if you're camping out on setting GPA records for sales, you have to know that your buyer may not come around immediately.

I'm not saying that anyone who pays over GPA is a sucker. I'm saying that asking that much over GPA to someone who is obviously new here really looks like those guys were fishing for a sucker.

That much seems clear.

This isn't a 10% over situation, or a situation where there are only old sales on GPA.

I am less concerned about GPA and gouging. Everyone has access to Ebay, GPA, etc. Everyone also has the ability to decide what they want to pay using these tools or completely disregarding these tools.

This place, these boards, have the ability to hit sellers like Beige or Columbia Comics where it hurts which is the pocketbook. The key would be, you know, stop buying from people. Beige has proven repeatedly that his reputation as a slime ball is well earned.

Columbia Comics has also proven to be somebody that wouldn't get a rusty nickel out of me either between his previous thread and this one. I haven't even looked at the shilling accusations.

The lengths people will go to buy or sell comic books is beyond me. I don't need to be best buddies to buy a comic book from someone but I will be damned if I buy a comic book from a huckster, scumbag or a dismissive, arrogant jerk or a homophobic sociopath much less defend them or celebrate them.

That's all well and good, but you're forgetting about the cool books that were shipped quickly :cloud9:

That much seems clear.

:applause:

So was the shill bidding and GPA manipulation accusation unfounded?

It appears that way. IMHO I don't think accusations like that should be made without solid evidence.

I put it out there for other people to check it out.

CC responded, but his response was not factual. He stated that a couple of the copies i mentioned he had multiple copies of, but both me, and the two other people that were part of the PM can verify that they were the same books.

There were also books that had sold in that same time frame that were not available on the site.

Honestly I don't know what he was doing, and thats why I put it up for debate considering some of the other stuff that was being discussed.

I gave it some extra thought and decided to take it down, but CC decided he wanted it up and quoted it himself.

Anyways, I apologize if I jumped the gun on it, but it was something I had discovered months ago and never mentioned. In light of recent things I thought it might be worth kicking around, but again I apologize.

So was the shill bidding and GPA manipulation accusation unfounded?

It appears that way. IMHO I don't think accusations like that should be made without solid evidence.

I put it out there for other people to check it out.

CC responded, but his response was not factual. He stated that a couple of the copies i mentioned he had multiple copies of, but both me, and the two other people that were part of the PM can verify that they were the same books.

There were also books that had sold in that same time frame that were not available on the site.

Honestly I don't know what he was doing, and thats why I put it up for debate considering some of the other stuff that was being discussed.

I gave it some extra thought and decided to take it down, but CC decided he wanted it up and quoted it himself.

Anyways, I apologize if I jumped the gun on it, but it was something I had discovered months ago and never mentioned. In light of recent things I thought it might be worth kicking around, but again I apologize.

No offense, but this post confuses me.

Are you accusing him of something or not?

I can appreciate the sharing of information, but things like these should not be left up to "interpretation" of the boardie mob.

Please see my original post (well the quote of it.) I never said "this is what he did" I posted multiple fishy situations and asked what people thought.

From my original post -

"Since it is being discussed here is a pm exchange I had with someone back in January.

I never brought it up, because I didn't think there was really enough evidence, but read and judge for yourself.

He either had a lot of bad luck with non paying bidders (which I'm guessing he would have started a thread about), was too lazy to update his site, or he was trying to manipulate gpa sales for books he owned. "

Please see my original post (well the quote of it.) I never said "this is what he did" I posted multiple fishy situations and asked what people thought.

From my original post -

"Since it is being discussed here is a pm exchange I had with someone back in January.

I never brought it up, because I didn't think there was really enough evidence, but read and judge for yourself.

He either had a lot of bad luck with non paying bidders (which I'm guessing he would have started a thread about), was too lazy to update his site, or he was trying to manipulate gpa sales for books he owned. "

Sorry if there was any confusion, I read your post and his response. Then I read your next post and I am confused.

If you are not accusing him of anything I can understand removal of the original post (which he quoted and makes it impossible for you to personally remove), but I don't understand you posting on the topic again.

Again, no offense, but I do not understand your motivation here.

Statements like the one I underlined above are duplicitous...

I probably should have left it alone, but when it got brought back up with people wondering "why did he even post it" I felt the need to comment.

Anyways, I won't post on the topic again.

From my original post -

Sorry if there was any confusion, I read your post and his response. Then I read your next post and I am confused.

If you are not accusing him of anything I can understand removal of the original post (which he quoted and makes it impossible for you to personally remove), but I don't understand you posting on the topic again.

was it the first time those kind of accusations were made towards that individual?

From my original post -

was it the first time those kind of accusations were made towards that individual?

First time I personally ever heard of those specific allegations.

But I am by no means the "Great and Powerful Oz...."

That much seems clear.

That's all well and good, but you're forgetting about the cool books that were shipped quickly :cloud9:

Cool books shipped quickly? Why, I'd knock down my own mother to buy them!!

That much seems clear.

Personally I'd crash through a group of preschoolers then step on my own mother's throat just to buy them!!

That much seems clear.

Same here.

I'd totally knock down your mother to buy them.

That much seems clear.

Same here.

Jeffro's mom is pretty stout. I don't think you could take her out.

From my original post -

Not to put words in Gsims' mouth but it seems he is unsure of what the correct course of action is. I think he is trying to be fair to CC and at the same time raise an issue. That conflict shines through in the statements you call "duplicitous". So rather than taking the statements literally you could maybe read them as symptomatic of a situation which has two contrary courses of action available to resolve it?

That much seems clear.

Same here.

Jeffro's mom is pretty stout. I don't think you could take her out.

Who says I couldn't take her out?

Hell, just last week I tried to take her out and she said "Yes!" before I could even get to the word "barrel" in "Let's head on down to Cracker Barrel."