• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apology

881 posts in this topic

So was the shill bidding and GPA manipulation accusation unfounded?

It appears that way. IMHO I don't think accusations like that should be made without solid evidence.

It appears that way. IMHO I don't think accusations like that should be made without solid evidence.

(shrug)

Who needs evidence on a member policed internet message board...?

Beige ! such a nice guy , here´s my first interaction with him : WTB thread

I wanted to buy a TOS 57 , someone wanted to sell me one and Beige and his friends making fun of me because i dind´t had the money to buy it.

He erased a comment full of insults and racist things , like "our Mexican friend doesn´t have the money" or something like that .. since i was new in that time i din,t knew i could report him.

:facepalm:

Cut from the other thread

:gossip:He hasn't got any money.

lol

:(

This is how we treat people and think it's funny around here? Publicly shame someone and laugh about their money status. Sounds like someone running a sound business model. :screwy:

What a POFS x2 :mad:

Yeah - that's kind of a sad WTB thread. There isn't anything funny about what was said there.

Casey....you'll like this...

The Apology Man revised his thread...

BeigeThread_zps79cf98d7.jpg

Another twist on the reality. When 12 month and 90 GPA don't help you, twist the results to just the ones that make you not look like you're lying.

Notice the 12 month and 90 day figures.....

beigegpa_zpse257a47e.jpg

Casey....you'll like this...

The Apology Man revised his thread...

BeigeThread_zps79cf98d7.jpg

Another twist on the reality. When 12 month and 90 GPA don't help you, twist the results to just the ones that make you not look like you're lying.

Notice the 12 month and 90 day figures.....

beigegpa_zpse257a47e.jpg

doh!

Can we ask for another 6 months? :)

That WTB thread is actually hilarious.

Why would Beige and Columbia Comics both offer the same book at $250 and $300 over GPA? hm

Because a sucker is born every minute? (shrug)

(shrug)

Fair is fair. I may not think much of the guy, but those were some pretty strong accusations levied at him without any real evidence.

There were some things that made you go hmmm. But not enough IMHO to warrant an outing like that.

Why would Beige and Columbia Comics both offer the same book at $250 and $300 over GPA? hm

:gossip:

You didn't hear, GPA is only valid when dealers are buying comics. When they are selling them, it is completely invalid.

:idea:

FYI - to all the dealers out there. :jokealert:

:gossip:

You didn't hear, GPA is only valid when dealers are buying comics. When they are selling them, it is completely invalid.

:idea:

FYI - to all the dealers out there. :jokealert:

lol

(shrug)

Fair is fair. I may not think much of the guy, but those were some pretty strong accusations levied at him without any real evidence.

There were some things that made you go hmmm. But not enough IMHO to warrant an outing like that.

It is unfortunate.

There's a lot of sellers here on the boards who's average asking price is well over GPA - and they aren't interested in moving on pricing. Everyone is entitled to ask what they want - but laughing at someone who doesn't want to pay asking price is not cool.

I don't know if I would call everyone who pays over GPA a "sucker" - could be a guy who is sick of looking for a book, or doesn't want to around buying them on Ebay looking for a certain grade. But, if you're camping out on setting GPA records for sales, you have to know that your buyer may not come around immediately.

There's a lot of sellers here on the boards who's average asking price is well over GPA - and they aren't interested in moving on pricing. Everyone is entitled to ask what they want - but laughing at someone who doesn't want to pay asking price is not cool.

I don't know if I would call everyone who pays over GPA a "sucker" - could be a guy who is sick of looking for a book, or doesn't want to around buying them on Ebay looking for a certain grade. But, if you're camping out on setting GPA records for sales, you have to know that your buyer may not come around immediately.

True, if no one ever paid "Over GPA" prices would never rise.

True, if no one ever paid "Over GPA" prices would never rise.

Yep, I am single-handedly driving market prices up with every purchase!!!

I call it the: "I buy what I want, when I want, for what I want strategy, strategy."

I'm not saying that anyone who pays over GPA is a sucker. I'm saying that asking that much over GPA to someone who is obviously new here really looks like those guys were fishing for a sucker.

I'm not saying that anyone who pays over GPA is a sucker. I'm saying that asking that much over GPA to someone who is obviously new here really looks like those guys were fishing for a sucker.

That much seems clear.

This isn't a 10% over situation, or a situation where there are only old sales on GPA.

This is a wrist deep gouge situation.

There are a few books I refused to budge on when it came to their price in relation t GPA and there were a few others that I paid above GPA because I realized that the book was undervalued and would be on the rise.

There is a book I refuse to budge on right now that I am looking for. Everyone is priced over GPA but the book has maintained the same value +/- $100 in both directions. However there have been books that I realized were picking up heat where I knew that GPA had not caught up to what the book was selling for. I set a GPA high that was quickly broken a few times.