• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GODZILLA!!!

387 posts in this topic

I want this to be good and I refuse to watch any trailers out of fear of spoilers.

Please let this be awesome! :wishluck:

It appears they're not too happy about Godzilla in Japan:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/22881/20140501/godzilla-too-fat-japanese-fans-2014-kaiju.htm

Perhaps the title to the sequel will be:

"Godzilla: Fat-Free"

Surely they're joking over in Japan, right?

I mean do they not remember ''thunder-thighs'' Godzilla from the 90's or Heisei era? doh!

I was thinking the same thing...in case any of you youngsters don't remember, this is how the Japanese version looked in the 60's and 70's. Apparently the Japanese that think we made him fat have very bad memories or perhaps this was their sumo wrestler version?

FatJapaneseGodzilla.jpg

It didn't make their Top 10, but it did make their honorable mention - one of my favorites.

Me too!

I used to LOVE Godzilla at the theaters as a kid. I look back and think how remarkable a feat it accomplished. Can anyone else think of a foreign import franchise that did that well in the U.S. -- ever?

It appears they're not too happy about Godzilla in Japan:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/22881/20140501/godzilla-too-fat-japanese-fans-2014-kaiju.htm

Perhaps the title to the sequel will be:

"Godzilla: Fat-Free"

Surely they're joking over in Japan, right?

I mean do they not remember ''thunder-thighs'' Godzilla from the 90's or Heisei era? doh!

I was thinking the same thing...in case any of you youngsters don't remember, this is how the Japanese version looked in the 60's and 70's. Apparently the Japanese that think we made him fat have very bad memories or perhaps this was their sumo wrestler version?

FatJapaneseGodzilla.jpg

Thanks for pointing that out - they did make Godzilla with "thunder thighs" back then. I can't imagine them being serious about a "fat Godzilla" or "Fat-zilla."

Anyone remember TNT's 'Monster Vision'?

I used to watch the hell out of their Godzilla marathons as a kid. :popcorn:

Me two.

How about the Creature Feature?

NY's WPIX channel would have a Godzilla marathon every Easter. Why, I am just not sure. But as kids, my cousin and I would be eager to get together for this holiday just to sit and watch as Godzilla tore apart cities, monsters, ships, tanks and anything else that got in his way.

:whee:

Me two.

NY's WPIX channel would have a Godzilla marathon every Easter. Why, I am just not sure. But as kids, my cousin and I would be eager to get together for this holiday just to sit and watch as Godzilla tore apart cities, monsters, ships, tanks and anything else that got in his way.

So have you introduced your youngsters to Godzilla yet, Bosco? :popcorn:

Me two.

And don't forget Chiller Theater with the 6 fingered hand.

Me two.

Godzilla vs. Mothra, this weekend. I already pulled it out yesterday after participating in this great discussion.

Me two.

Godzilla vs. Mothra, this weekend. I already pulled it out yesterday after participating in this great discussion.

(thumbs u :applause: