• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pages Showing on the Right Hand Side

13 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is something that really bothers me and it probably wouldn't if I just knew how this factors into the grade of the comic. I have three IC #4s. All three have the pages showing on the right hand side. Keep in mind every copy I saw at 2 different stores had this problem. I think I got the best of the best. Can someone once and for all tell me what this defect is and does it really matter when it comes down to grading this book? Is it still at least Near Mint? Thank you.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Can someone once and for all tell me what this defect is and does it really matter when it comes down to grading this book? Is it still at least Near Mint?

If it was printed that way, then it won't make a difference below 9.8, and might not make a difference above that if that's how it was meant to be printed.

It's just the way the cover of this issue is cut. Don't worry about it.

All of these copies look NM or better, but it's hard to say for without seeing larger scans of the front and back, or better yet, seeing the comic in person.

1)9.4

2)9.6

3)9.8 or up! thumbsup2.gif

Keep the first one as your reader.

But get that last one slabbed.

That one looks like a killer 9.8+!